Civ 3 Install problems

I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
uninstall the program.

I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.

I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Q Egg
[remove X to reply]
2 answers Last reply
More about install problems
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Q Egg" <QqEygJ5AX@hotpop.com.> wrote in message
    > I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
    > setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
    > But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
    > shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
    > both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
    > uninstall the program.
    >
    > I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
    > well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.
    >
    > I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
    > crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks!
    >

    > Q Egg
    > [remove X to reply]

    Try going through with the uninstall. Perhaps the program is seeing
    something you are missing.... The reinstall should uninstall first and
    then reinstall all fresh files. I don't think the program will just allow
    you to install over the already existing files....

    It's already screwed up anyway so you've got nothing to loose... right?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:50:31 GMT, "Tzar Sasha"
    <tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >"Q Egg" <QqEygJ5AX@hotpop.com.> wrote in message
    >> I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
    >> setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
    >> But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
    >> shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
    >> both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
    >> uninstall the program.
    >>
    >> I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
    >> well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.
    >>
    >> I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
    >> crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    >> Q Egg
    >> [remove X to reply]
    >
    >Try going through with the uninstall. Perhaps the program is seeing
    >something you are missing.... The reinstall should uninstall first and
    >then reinstall all fresh files. I don't think the program will just allow
    >you to install over the already existing files....
    >
    >It's already screwed up anyway so you've got nothing to loose... right?

    I found the solution at the Atari web site.

    http://tinyurl.com/5qb9k

    is a manual uninstall set of instructions. Not for the unexperienced
    in using regedit program though.

    Q Egg
    [remove X to reply]

Games Hard Drives Video Games