Civ 3 Install problems

I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
uninstall the program.

I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.

I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Q Egg
[remove X to reply]

"Q Egg" <QqEygJ5AX@hotpop.com.> wrote in message
> I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
> setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
> But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
> shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
> both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
> uninstall the program.
>
> I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
> well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.
>
> I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
> crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks!
>

> Q Egg
> [remove X to reply]

Try going through with the uninstall. Perhaps the program is seeing
something you are missing.... The reinstall should uninstall first and
then reinstall all fresh files. I don't think the program will just allow
you to install over the already existing files....

It's already screwed up anyway so you've got nothing to loose... right?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:50:31 GMT, "Tzar Sasha"
<tzar_sasha@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Q Egg" <QqEygJ5AX@hotpop.com.> wrote in message
>> I can not get Civ 3 to install on my hard disk. when I run the
>> setup.exe file it asks if I want to completely uninstall the program.
>> But the install program, (either the autorun or setup file), never
>> shows me an install button only a uninstall and a reinstall button
>> both of which give the same results, asking me if I want to completley
>> uninstall the program.
>>
>> I have tried deleting all the directories for infogames on my PC as
>> well as removing all reference, (that I could find), in my registery.
>>
>> I bought a new CD because I thought the original was broken, it has a
>> crack in it. But the new one I bought does the same thing.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks!
>>

>> Q Egg
>> [remove X to reply]
>
>Try going through with the uninstall. Perhaps the program is seeing
>something you are missing.... The reinstall should uninstall first and
>then reinstall all fresh files. I don't think the program will just allow
>you to install over the already existing files....
>
>It's already screwed up anyway so you've got nothing to loose... right?

I found the solution at the Atari web site.

http://tinyurl.com/5qb9k

is a manual uninstall set of instructions. Not for the unexperienced
in using regedit program though.

Q Egg
[remove X to reply]