Istanbul

Had the great enjoyment of playing the Turks, and realizing than
instead of establishing the city of New Istanbul I got Not
Konstatinopel. I like that sense of humour. My father has always been
humming that tune... but which musical/movie?

Larsj

Lars Johnsen <lars@online.nospam> wrote:

> Had the great enjoyment of playing the Turks, and realizing than
> instead of establishing the city of New Istanbul I got Not
> Konstatinopel. I like that sense of humour. My father has always been
> humming that tune... but which musical/movie?
>
> Larsj

Neither. Just a comic song from the late 40's early 50's.
If you want it there are 128!!! versions on Limewire.

Suddenly, Persifor, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
exclaimed:

> Neither. Just a comic song from the late 40's early 50's.
> If you want it there are 128!!! versions on Limewire.

It was also covered by They Might be Giants in the '80s.

--
Billy Yank

Quinn: "I'm saying it us, or them."
Murphy: "Well I choose them."
Q: "That's NOT an option!"
M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
-Sealab 2021

Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

Billy Yank <billyUSCOREyank@verizonDOT.net> wrote:

> Suddenly, Persifor, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
> exclaimed:
>
> > Neither. Just a comic song from the late 40's early 50's.
> > If you want it there are 128!!! versions on Limewire.
> >

> It was also covered by They Might be Giants in the '80s.

Too true. But then lots of groups with little song-writing talents have
resuscitated old favourites ;-)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:20:58 +1000, persifor@pyramid.com (Persifor)
wrote:

>Billy Yank <billyUSCOREyank@verizonDOT.net> wrote:
>
>> Suddenly, Persifor, drunk as a lemur, stumbled out of the darkness and
>> exclaimed:
>>
>> > Neither. Just a comic song from the late 40's early 50's.
>> > If you want it there are 128!!! versions on Limewire.
>> >

>> It was also covered by They Might be Giants in the '80s.
>
>Too true. But then lots of groups with little song-writing talents have
>resuscitated old favourites ;-)

It did get put into the movie "Mona Lisa's Smile" -- also not the
original Four Lads (1953) version. It just wasn't originally created
for a movie.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=2101

TMBG has very interesting song-writing talents. Try out "Birdhouse
In Your Soul" -- even just the lyrics -- for fun.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Jeffery S. Jones" wrote:

> It did get put into the movie "Mona Lisa's Smile" -- also not the
> original Four Lads (1953) version. It just wasn't originally created
> for a movie.

Although I prefer the Tiny Toon Adventures clip they produced for that song.
It had Plucky and Hampton - the Daffy and Porky 'kiddies' respectively -
spoofing on The Maltese Falcon.

Dave