Where do the files go with the different suffixes? What do they do?
..bic
..biq
..bix
thanks

"Persifor" <persifor@pyramid.com> wrote in message
> Where do the files go with the different suffixes? What do they do?
> .bic
> .biq
> .bix
> thanks

These are the extensions of the rules/map files... the files that are
created/edited with the editors.
Vanilla civ3 = bic
PTW = bix
Conquests = biq
In each main folder there is one that contains the unmodded rules.
The scenarios are in the scenarios folders (three total) and is where mods
should go.
The ../conquests/conquests folder has the (suprise) conquests in it.

Note: changing the default rules files or the OEM conquests will cause your
scores to not be recorded.

Those are the various rules files. Different extenstion for ecah of
Vanilla, PTW, Conquests.
The editor of Conquest can convert the versions for Vanlla & PTW into
the apporative one for conquests. But not the reverse.

..bic is the Vanilla one.

I'm not sure which of .biq and .bix is the Conquests and which is PTW
off hand, but can be checked by going into the approative folder.

The Stare <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

> "Persifor" <persifor@pyramid.com> wrote in message
> > Where do the files go with the different suffixes? What do they do?
> > .bic
> > .biq
> > .bix
> > thanks
>
> These are the extensions of the rules/map files... the files that are
> created/edited with the editors.
> Vanilla civ3 = bic
> PTW = bix
> Conquests = biq
> In each main folder there is one that contains the unmodded rules.
> The scenarios are in the scenarios folders (three total) and is where mods
> should go.
> The ../conquests/conquests folder has the (suprise) conquests in it.
>
> Note: changing the default rules files or the OEM conquests will cause your
> scores to not be recorded.

Thanks for that. Does this mean that if one were to change a vanilla
file from .bic to, say, bix, it would work in a conquest file? Or change
..bix to .bic for the reverse?
I am a Mac user so do not have PTW or Conquest, you see.
But I have d/loaded a couple of mods and got them to work , probably
vanilla! But cannot use the conquest mods.

> The Stare <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:
>
>> "Persifor" <persifor@pyramid.com> wrote in message
>> > Where do the files go with the different suffixes? What do they do?
>> > .bic
>> > .biq
>> > .bix
>> > thanks
>>
>> These are the extensions of the rules/map files... the files that are
>> created/edited with the editors.
>> Vanilla civ3 = bic
>> PTW = bix
>> Conquests = biq
>> In each main folder there is one that contains the unmodded rules.
>> The scenarios are in the scenarios folders (three total) and is where
>> mods
>> should go.
>> The ../conquests/conquests folder has the (suprise) conquests in it.
>>
>> Note: changing the default rules files or the OEM conquests will cause
>> your
>> scores to not be recorded.
>
> Thanks for that. Does this mean that if one were to change a vanilla
> file from .bic to, say, bix, it would work in a conquest file? Or change
> .bix to .bic for the reverse?

Each file format is different and not interchangeable.

> I am a Mac user so do not have PTW or Conquest, you see.
> But I have d/loaded a couple of mods and got them to work , probably
> vanilla! But cannot use the conquest mods.

You can only play .bic mods, not .bix or .biq then.
For all i know, the file format for the mac version is different as well.

If you have questions regarding the mods and you dl them from a forum, ask
about them in the thread related to it.

TRENDING THREADS