Annoying pop-up

After a Microsoft update, I started receiving a little
annoying pop-up box telling me to verify my e-mail
address. The directions were to click on an e-mail from:
Passport members service, verify and then try signing in
again. That e-mail is not in my inbox because I've been a
member for a few years. How can I stop the box because I
don't have trouble signing in as the notice implys. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about annoying

    Greetings Carol,

    The only way to remove this is to verify your e-mail address. To do so, you'll have to
    request another verification e-mail from Passport Services:
    http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf

    Not being verified won't stop you from signing in, it will simply stop you from changing your
    display name,
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Carol C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After a Microsoft update, I started receiving a little
    > annoying pop-up box telling me to verify my e-mail
    > address. The directions were to click on an e-mail from:
    > Passport members service, verify and then try signing in
    > again. That e-mail is not in my inbox because I've been a
    > member for a few years. How can I stop the box because I
    > don't have trouble signing in as the notice implys. Thanks

Messenger Microsoft Email Windows XP