Cannot Read Hotmail Email with New Version of Messenger

I used to get notifications when I had a new hotmail
email sent to me. Now that I upgraded messenger I do not
get the notifications nor do I have an option to "GO to
my hotmail inbox". I have to go to hotmail.com and check.

When I go to file>Go to My Inbox, it goes to Outlook, not
Hotmail.

How can I get my Hotmail email options back?

-Joe
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot read hotmail email version messenger

    Greetings Joe,

    Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins and causes this
    behavior, so I just assume you've simply updated to SP2 recently?

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Joe Bonura" <joseph_bonura@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I used to get notifications when I had a new hotmail
    > email sent to me. Now that I upgraded messenger I do not
    > get the notifications nor do I have an option to "GO to
    > my hotmail inbox". I have to go to hotmail.com and check.
    >
    > When I go to file>Go to My Inbox, it goes to Outlook, not
    > Hotmail.
    >
    > How can I get my Hotmail email options back?
    >
    > -Joe

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> posted in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger:

    > Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support
    > Add-Ins and causes this behavior, so I just assume you've simply
    > updated to SP2 recently?
    >
    > To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version
    > from here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-
    > 4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >
    > You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-
    > 433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    Thanks. I had the same problem as the original poster.

    If anyone at Microsoft asks, yes, this is a problem with the latest
    version of Messenger as far as we users are concerned.

    --
    Michael J. Freeman mike_freeman@SPMBLOKmac.com
    '85 VF700S (The Leper) Cincinnati, OH, USA

    Hi Michael,

    I'm afraid at this time, this is by design.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "M. J. Freeman" <mike_freeman@mac.com_noSpam> wrote in message
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> posted in
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger:
    >
    >> Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support
    >> Add-Ins and causes this behavior, so I just assume you've simply
    >> updated to SP2 recently?
    >>
    >> To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version
    >> from here:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-
    >> 4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >>
    >> You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-
    >> 433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    >
    > Thanks. I had the same problem as the original poster.
    >
    > If anyone at Microsoft asks, yes, this is a problem with the latest
    > version of Messenger as far as we users are concerned.
    >

    > --
    > Michael J. Freeman mike_freeman@SPMBLOKmac.com
    > '85 VF700S (The Leper) Cincinnati, OH, USA
    > '83 VF750S (The Shiny Sabre) "Insanity runs in the family
    > '99 GSF1200S (The Evil Bandit) ...it practically gallops"

Hotmail Messenger Email Windows XP