NEED HELP!!! URGENT PLEASE!!!!!

Everytime i fire up my computer, things are fine then Messenger comes on and
changes all my screen settings to large font!!!! This never happend before
with the old version? so I wiped out AS MUCH AS IT WOULD ALLOW!! and tryed
sticking with the old version! much to my dismay, it will only let me
download the newer version and the problem starts again! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
help as i have wiped out half of my programmes to find this fault in the
first place! BILL GATES, get off your fat arse and help the people that keep
you in the way of life you enjoy!!!

e-mail with your answers too my prob asap, muggsyj@hotmail.com
Many Thanks Muggsy.......

What version are you using?

P.S.: Do you actually think ranting about Bill Gates will help?

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"muggsyj" <muggsyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime i fire up my computer, things are fine then Messenger comes on
> and
> changes all my screen settings to large font!!!! This never happend before
> with the old version? so I wiped out AS MUCH AS IT WOULD ALLOW!! and tryed
> sticking with the old version! much to my dismay, it will only let me
> download the newer version and the problem starts again! PLEASE PLEASE
> PLEASE
> help as i have wiped out half of my programmes to find this fault in the
> first place! BILL GATES, get off your fat arse and help the people that
> keep
> you in the way of life you enjoy!!!
>
> e-mail with your answers too my prob asap, muggsyj@hotmail.com
> Many Thanks Muggsy.......

Your are right "Ranting" over Bill Gates will not help but small things
please small minds! Apperently i have the latest 6.2 version. Please
Michale, if you or anyone you can help I would be gratefull.. I have posted
my problem on the msn messenger help site but no reply as yet!

Yeah, we all rant about good ol' Bill :) (i.e. why can't I be him?)

Can you take a screenshot of the issue? I'd love to see what you're
seeing... to do this, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard ("Prnt
Scrn"), click Start Menu --> Programs --> Accessories --> and click on
Paint. In Paint, click the Edit menu and press Paste. This should paste a
copy of your screen and the issue right there. Save the file and email it to
me or post it here, whichever you prefer.

> Your are right "Ranting" over Bill Gates will not help but small things
> please small minds! Apperently i have the latest 6.2 version. Please
> Michale, if you or anyone you can help I would be gratefull.. I have
> posted
> my problem on the msn messenger help site but no reply as yet!

Now it wont let me snd e-mail? so here is the one i tryed to send you!!!!!

Hi Micheal,

I hope you recieve this e-mail.

I tryed to paint edit and paste but cant find paint? I am running the new
sony pcv-v1/G it has xp software installed as standard.

The comp fires up fine and did with the old messenger. Now with the new one
the comp starts up fine the as soon as messenger try's to start it seems to
change the screen resolution to 640 pixels and coulor quality to low ( 8bit ).
I then have to go into settings to change it all back to normal!

Mate this has had me and my freiends baffled.. we have tryed lots of
different things but with no joy, there seems to be a setting that was
downloaded with the new version of messenger that like's to change my screen
settings.

I bet some programmer at messenger is having a great laugh at my expence!

Anyway would appreciate your or your friends help on this matter..

Yours Hoping

Muggs

Greetings,

It sounds like you may have compatibility modes engaged for MSN Messenger. To check this,
click Start, then Run, type:
"%programfiles%\msn messenger"
and click OK.

Right-click the msnmsgr.exe icon, choose Properties and then click the Compatibility tab.
Under the Display settings group make sure nothing is selected and then click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> Now it wont let me snd e-mail? so here is the one i tryed to send you!!!!!
>
> Hi Micheal,
>
> I hope you recieve this e-mail.
>
> I tryed to paint edit and paste but cant find paint? I am running the new
> sony pcv-v1/G it has xp software installed as standard.
>
> The comp fires up fine and did with the old messenger. Now with the new one
> the comp starts up fine the as soon as messenger try's to start it seems to
> change the screen resolution to 640 pixels and coulor quality to low ( 8bit ).
> I then have to go into settings to change it all back to normal!
>
> Mate this has had me and my freiends baffled.. we have tryed lots of
> different things but with no joy, there seems to be a setting that was
> downloaded with the new version of messenger that like's to change my screen
> settings.
>
> I bet some programmer at messenger is having a great laugh at my expence!
>
> Anyway would appreciate your or your friends help on this matter..
>

> Yours Hoping
>
> Muggs

Johnathan Kay What can i Say!!!

I did all that you said there was nothing under display BUT i did notice
that it was running for win 98 so i changed to win 2000 and restarted comp
and to my amasement the screen res did not change!!!! Thanks for the tip it
seems to have worked a treat!!

Hi,

Glad to hear it =)
Jonathan Kay