testing pls ignore

On Thu, 05 May 2005 11:03:34 +1000, P2P <plsemail@yahoo.com> wrote:

Does alt.test not exist in your world?

maybe hes testing how long it takes for a post to apear in THIS newsgroup?

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

On Fri, 6 May 2005 21:31:05 +0100, Adam Webb <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> maybe hes testing how long it takes for a post to apear in THIS newsgroup?

It doesn't work that way. A newsqueue is one entity; the newsgroup header
just is used at display time. They all transport together the same way,
with the obvious exception of moderated groups.

Maybe he didn't know about that group. I didn't. Maybe he wondered if
there was a problem with his access to this group, since it's been relativly
dead of late.

On Fri, 6 May 2005 18:25:11 -0500, No <sith.spawn@comcast.net> wrote:
> Maybe he didn't know about that group. I didn't. Maybe he wondered if
> there was a problem with his access to this group, since it's been relativly
> dead of late.

Thing is, with alt.test and similarly named groups, autoreponders will
let you know how far it gets how quickly, and all sorts of useful
info about your post and how it goes out.

Also - why not post a _real_ message and use it as your test if you
insist on putting it in a discussion group?

> Even if the goal is to test this group, why not write a real message
> with actual content?

he did, below. "DYP japanese Infantry pro......"

however my guess is he posted that. checked back a few minutes later only to
see it had not showed up.....or maybe his news reader brought up an error
when he posted.

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag

> Even if the goal is to test this group, why not write a real message
> with actual content?

So what?

Other than you, who cares?

--
Cheers
Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/

On Tue, 10 May 2005 07:10:04 -0700, Roger T. <rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

>> Even if the goal is to test this group, why not write a real message
>> with actual content?

> So what?
> Other than you, who cares?

Yeah, that's right, let's just disregard decades of standards and convention.
News flash: better minds than yours designed usenet. That's why it works.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:00:53 GMT, GTFan <GTFan@home.com> wrote:
> Test

use alt.test, or post a real message.

David