windows messenger - audio

I have downloaded the service pak 2 and since ive done that i cant get
connected to none of my friends on audio. If i do get connected i can hear
them but they cant hear me. Ive tried disconnecting firewall but run into
same problem. I have norton anti-virus 2003 and am running windows xp with
the new service pac 2. I have tried everything so am using this as a last
resort and am hoping someone can help me out. Thank you

Hey there ... Try the following >>> start >>> control panel >>> network
connections ... Now locate which one you use to connect to the internet and
right click it >>> select properties >>> remove the check mark that is on
QoS Packet Scheduler >> click ok and see if that helps

"rebel6" <rebel6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded the service pak 2 and since ive done that i cant get
> connected to none of my friends on audio. If i do get connected i can
> hear
> them but they cant hear me. Ive tried disconnecting firewall but run
> into
> same problem. I have norton anti-virus 2003 and am running windows xp
> with
> the new service pac 2. I have tried everything so am using this as a last
> resort and am hoping someone can help me out. Thank you

I have the same problem, could someone help me?

Kester

Have you checked on the setting in the Security System? Did you allow
Messenger to be an Exception.

Joel

"kesterki@netvigator.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:62eb01c4cc5f$5b043ba0$a401280a@phx.gbl...

> I have the same problem, could someone help me?
>
> Kester

pascal

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

rebel6 wrote:
> I have downloaded the service pak 2 and since ive done that i cant get
> connected to none of my friends on audio. If i do get connected i can hear
> them but they cant hear me. Ive tried disconnecting firewall but run into
> same problem. I have norton anti-virus 2003 and am running windows xp with
> the new service pac 2. I have tried everything so am using this as a last
> resort and am hoping someone can help me out. Thank you

We have the same problem with messenger6.2 audio on two customersystems
- but with one system without xp-sp2!
We tried to open the ports (6901/6801-6900) on firewall/router, turned
of QoS and closed windowsfirewall. The audio from the systemview works
fine - also chat,webcam and filetransfer.
If we start Audio and accept it try to connect some seconds and then
it's stops...

Maybee there are many other Port's or a software-/settingsproblem?
It would be great, if someone have an idea!

Best Regards
Pascal Perret
abc4IT

PS: The strange thing is, that audio work problemless on two of our
lab-pc's!

TRENDING THREADS