Protected Media?

I have some gif files on my i860 that I would like to be able to send
to others. But I get a message "Protected media" every time I try to
send them.

These files came off my computer, transferred to the Nextel phone
using WebJal. So they aren't Nextel's images. They are mine. How do
I "unprotect" them?

Thanks...
4 answers Last reply
More about protected media
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
    files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
    but I am pretty sure that is the case.

    --
    1badss
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:18:19 -0500, 1badss
    <1badss.1ro50e@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
    >files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
    >but I am pretty sure that is the case.

    Thanks for the reply... Hopefully someone can help me with this
    question. I can only upload GIF files with WebJAL, so I can't try any
    other file types.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:24:42 -0500, ClarkSter <clark@outthere.com>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:18:19 -0500, 1badss
    ><1badss.1ro50e@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
    >>files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
    >>but I am pretty sure that is the case.
    >

    >Thanks for the reply... Hopefully someone can help me with this
    >question. I can only upload GIF files with WebJAL, so I can't try any
    >other file types.

    To make matters even "worse"... I upgraded from a 730 to the 860 a
    couple of days ago. So now I have some "stranded" midi ringtones and
    wallpapers on my 730. I don't know of an application that will
    download these from the 730 to the computer so that I can re-upload
    them to my 860. Iden Media Downloader apparently won't download these
    files from my old 730.

    Any help?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    Ringtones are sold to the phone, not the service so Motorola software will
    not move them for you.

    "ClarkSter" <clark@outthere.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:24:42 -0500, ClarkSter <clark@outthere.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:18:19 -0500, 1badss
    > ><1badss.1ro50e@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    > >

    > >>I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
    > >>files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
    > >>but I am pretty sure that is the case.
    > >

    > >Thanks for the reply... Hopefully someone can help me with this
    > >question. I can only upload GIF files with WebJAL, so I can't try any
    > >other file types.
    >

    > To make matters even "worse"... I upgraded from a 730 to the 860 a
    > couple of days ago. So now I have some "stranded" midi ringtones and
    > wallpapers on my 730. I don't know of an application that will
    > download these from the 730 to the computer so that I can re-upload
    > them to my 860. Iden Media Downloader apparently won't download these
    > files from my old 730.
    >
    > Any help?

Nextel Computer Internet Service Providers