Protected Media?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 4, 2005 3:33:58 PM

I have some gif files on my i860 that I would like to be able to send
to others. But I get a message "Protected media" every time I try to
send them.

These files came off my computer, transferred to the Nextel phone
using WebJal. So they aren't Nextel's images. They are mine. How do
I "unprotect" them?

Thanks...

More about : protected media

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:18:19 PM

I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
but I am pretty sure that is the case.

--
1badss
July 5, 2005 12:24:42 AM

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:18:19 -0500, 1badss
<1badss.1ro50e@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
>files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
>but I am pretty sure that is the case.

Thanks for the reply... Hopefully someone can help me with this
question. I can only upload GIF files with WebJAL, so I can't try any
other file types.
July 5, 2005 12:35:46 AM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:24:42 -0500, ClarkSter <clark@outthere.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:18:19 -0500, 1badss
><1badss.1ro50e@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
>

>>I don't have an i860 but I do believe you can only send out picture
>>files taken with the camera. Maybe someone else can give some input
>>but I am pretty sure that is the case.
>

>Thanks for the reply... Hopefully someone can help me with this
>question. I can only upload GIF files with WebJAL, so I can't try any
>other file types.

To make matters even "worse"... I upgraded from a 730 to the 860 a
couple of days ago. So now I have some "stranded" midi ringtones and
wallpapers on my 730. I don't know of an application that will
download these from the 730 to the computer so that I can re-upload
them to my 860. Iden Media Downloader apparently won't download these
files from my old 730.

Any help?
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 6:17:16 PM

Ringtones are sold to the phone, not the service so Motorola software will
not move them for you.

!