Windows messenger audio

Andy

Hi,
Since installing sp2 the audio side of messenger has
failed.I can hear and see contacts ok and they have a
good picture of me. After the first few syllables my
voice breaks up and chunks go missing. Strangely they can
hear key clicks when I type.
Have tried, changing soundcard, changing mic, reloading
messenger, disable firewalls. The interesting thing is
that the new AIM audio/video facility works fine.
Any ideas?

cheers...Andy

Greetings Andy,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right
click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose the
Uninstall button instead.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert