Windows messenger audio

Hi,
Since installing sp2 the audio side of messenger has
failed.I can hear and see contacts ok and they have a
good picture of me. After the first few syllables my
voice breaks up and chunks go missing. Strangely they can
hear key clicks when I type.
Have tried, changing soundcard, changing mic, reloading
messenger, disable firewalls. The interesting thing is
that the new AIM audio/video facility works fine.
Any ideas?

cheers...Andy
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger audio

    Greetings Andy,

    You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
    then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right
    click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
    Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose the
    Uninstall button instead.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Since installing sp2 the audio side of messenger has
    > failed.I can hear and see contacts ok and they have a
    > good picture of me. After the first few syllables my
    > voice breaks up and chunks go missing. Strangely they can
    > hear key clicks when I type.
    > Have tried, changing soundcard, changing mic, reloading
    > messenger, disable firewalls. The interesting thing is
    > that the new AIM audio/video facility works fine.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > cheers...Andy

Audio Messenger Microsoft Windows XP