net. passport and change of country

October 26, 2004 10:25:10 AM

Hi

I have windows messenger and msn messenger on my computer. I downloaded and
installed these and created my net. passport in the UK.
I and my computer have since moved to Australia and i am trying to change my
settings so when i use messenger i log onto the Australian msn site and not
the uk one.
I have edited my net. passport details to Australia and i ahve uninstalled
msn messenger and downloaded it again from the Australian site but still i
connect to the UK site. I know this because there is an advert for British
Gas.
Appreciate any help given

regards

Darren
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 12:13:47 AM

If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser ??? Then check whats your
home page is ... To view this just open Internet Explorer and click tools
follow by internet Options ... Just change the home page and add the
Australian msn as your home page , make sure to click apply ... Then try out
your msn to see if that fixed ...

"Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have windows messenger and msn messenger on my computer. I downloaded
> and
> installed these and created my net. passport in the UK.
> I and my computer have since moved to Australia and i am trying to change
> my
> settings so when i use messenger i log onto the Australian msn site and
> not
> the uk one.
> I have edited my net. passport details to Australia and i ahve uninstalled
> msn messenger and downloaded it again from the Australian site but still i
> connect to the UK site. I know this because there is an advert for British
> Gas.
> Appreciate any help given
>
> regards
>
> Darren
October 29, 2004 5:46:02 AM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i am using ie 6. I set the Australian msn as my
homepage and tried messenger but its still the uk messenger.

Darren

"Road Runner" wrote:

> If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser ??? Then check whats your
> home page is ... To view this just open Internet Explorer and click tools
> follow by internet Options ... Just change the home page and add the
> Australian msn as your home page , make sure to click apply ... Then try out
> your msn to see if that fixed ...
>

> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have windows messenger and msn messenger on my computer. I downloaded
> > and
> > installed these and created my net. passport in the UK.
> > I and my computer have since moved to Australia and i am trying to change
> > my
> > settings so when i use messenger i log onto the Australian msn site and
> > not
> > the uk one.
> > I have edited my net. passport details to Australia and i ahve uninstalled
> > msn messenger and downloaded it again from the Australian site but still i
> > connect to the UK site. I know this because there is an advert for British
> > Gas.
> > Appreciate any help given
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Darren

October 29, 2004 7:40:57 PM

Hi ... Okay why don't you explain how you are viewing msn site ??? How do
you get the UK msn website , Do you using IE 6 to get msn website ??? What
exactly are you doing to view UK msn site ... Also you said that you try
unistalling msn messenger , How did you go about uninstalling messenger ???

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, i am using ie 6. I set the Australian msn as my
> homepage and tried messenger but its still the uk messenger.
>
> Darren
>
> "Road Runner" wrote:
>
>> If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser ??? Then check whats
>> your
>> home page is ... To view this just open Internet Explorer and click tools
>> follow by internet Options ... Just change the home page and add the
>> Australian msn as your home page , make sure to click apply ... Then try
>> out
>> your msn to see if that fixed ...
>>

>> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have windows messenger and msn messenger on my computer. I downloaded
>> > and
>> > installed these and created my net. passport in the UK.
>> > I and my computer have since moved to Australia and i am trying to
>> > change
>> > my
>> > settings so when i use messenger i log onto the Australian msn site and
>> > not
>> > the uk one.
>> > I have edited my net. passport details to Australia and i ahve
>> > uninstalled
>> > msn messenger and downloaded it again from the Australian site but
>> > still i
>> > connect to the UK site. I know this because there is an advert for
>> > British
>> > Gas.
>> > Appreciate any help given
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Darren

October 29, 2004 11:30:03 PM

Hi Roadrunner

Thanks again for the reply. Heres some answers to your questions.
I am logging onto MSN messenger. I know i am on the uk site because of the
advert at the bottom of the msn messenger box is for British gas. Also the
link to e-bay on the side of the msn messenger box is to ebay.co.uk. These
are how i know i am logging onto the uk messenger and not the australian
messenger.
I uninstalled messenger by going to add/remove programs. I tried to
reinstall from the australian msn site which worked fine but when i logged
onto messenger again it was still uk messenger.
When i went to MSN site Australia to re download messenger, i used ie6 to
get there.
I am thinking maybe i need to uninstall windows messenger and msn messenger
and start from scratch with new passport but of course then i will need to
redo all my contacts which is hassle. What do you think?
Thanks again for your help

Darren
October 30, 2004 1:08:01 AM

Ok, this is really starting to annoy me now!
I uninstalled msn messenger again(add/remove programs). Realised you cannot
uninstall windows messenger on xp home but disabled it anyway.
Terminated my net passport. Went to Australian msn site and created a new
passport(gave Australia as address etc.) Made Australian msn my homepage.
Downloaded msn messenger (from Australian site). logged in. No contacts
showed which proved i have started from scratch. But STILL logging onto uk
messenger (ebay link is ebay.co.uk, some dating link is uk, advert at bottom
is uk).
Please help!!

Darren
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 4:03:25 AM

Hey Darren ... Try this ... Uninstall msn messenger from the add and remove
programs area again afterward go to windows explorer and search in the
programs files area , look for the msn messenger folder and deleted that
folder as well ... Then do a search on your computer for msn messenger , now
when you do this search make sure its looking under the C drive , Now
whatever the search finds also delete that as well ... Then go to your
recycling bin and delete from there as well .... Now restart your computer ,
afterward when its up and running again go to the Aussie site and try
downloading the messenger again ... See if that did it ....

PS: Whenever deleting anything from the add and remove programs area ,
always delete that same program folder under the windows explorer (
C/Program Files/whatever ) and then afterward also from the recycling bin ,
restart the computer ...

> Hi Roadrunner
>
> Thanks again for the reply. Heres some answers to your questions.
> I am logging onto MSN messenger. I know i am on the uk site because of the
> advert at the bottom of the msn messenger box is for British gas. Also the
> link to e-bay on the side of the msn messenger box is to ebay.co.uk. These
> are how i know i am logging onto the uk messenger and not the australian
> messenger.
> I uninstalled messenger by going to add/remove programs. I tried to
> reinstall from the australian msn site which worked fine but when i logged
> onto messenger again it was still uk messenger.
> When i went to MSN site Australia to re download messenger, i used ie6 to
> get there.
> I am thinking maybe i need to uninstall windows messenger and msn
> messenger
> and start from scratch with new passport but of course then i will need to
> redo all my contacts which is hassle. What do you think?
> Thanks again for your help
>
> Darren
October 30, 2004 5:13:02 AM

Hi

That worked! did what you said and did a search for all things msn messenger
and emptied recycle bin and then reinstalled and it worked!!

Thankyou very much for your time and help

Regards

Darren

"Road Runner" wrote:

> Hey Darren ... Try this ... Uninstall msn messenger from the add and remove
> programs area again afterward go to windows explorer and search in the
> programs files area , look for the msn messenger folder and deleted that
> folder as well ... Then do a search on your computer for msn messenger , now
> when you do this search make sure its looking under the C drive , Now
> whatever the search finds also delete that as well ... Then go to your
> recycling bin and delete from there as well .... Now restart your computer ,
> afterward when its up and running again go to the Aussie site and try
> downloading the messenger again ... See if that did it ....
>
> PS: Whenever deleting anything from the add and remove programs area ,
> always delete that same program folder under the windows explorer (
> C/Program Files/whatever ) and then afterward also from the recycling bin ,
> restart the computer ...
>

> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Roadrunner
> >
> > Thanks again for the reply. Heres some answers to your questions.
> > I am logging onto MSN messenger. I know i am on the uk site because of the
> > advert at the bottom of the msn messenger box is for British gas. Also the
> > link to e-bay on the side of the msn messenger box is to ebay.co.uk. These
> > are how i know i am logging onto the uk messenger and not the australian
> > messenger.
> > I uninstalled messenger by going to add/remove programs. I tried to
> > reinstall from the australian msn site which worked fine but when i logged
> > onto messenger again it was still uk messenger.
> > When i went to MSN site Australia to re download messenger, i used ie6 to
> > get there.
> > I am thinking maybe i need to uninstall windows messenger and msn
> > messenger
> > and start from scratch with new passport but of course then i will need to
> > redo all my contacts which is hassle. What do you think?
> > Thanks again for your help
> >
> > Darren

Anonymous
October 30, 2004 2:18:32 PM

Hey ... Do you want windows messenger ?? Because there is ways i believe to
totally remove that messenger ... Now what i mention in the above post will
work but have u tried going into your user info in hotmail.com or
passport.com (depending on what email your using) and changing your country
info to Australian ???

!