Exit MSN Messenger from System Tray

October 26, 2004 10:29:33 PM

Hi,

When I close MSN Messenger (Version 6.2 run on Windows XP), the System Tray
still shows MSN Messenger icon. Is there a way in the setting (likely in the
registry) that I can set to exit the MSN Messenger icon in System Tray when
I close MSN Messenger?

Thank in advance.

Tony
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 11:58:23 PM

Greetings Tony,

I assume you mean by clicking the 'X'? Unfortunately this functionality is no longer in MSN
Messenger (previous versions let you set an option for this). You'll need to right-click the
Messenger notification icon and click Exit.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!