Exit MSN Messenger from System Tray

Hi,

When I close MSN Messenger (Version 6.2 run on Windows XP), the System Tray
still shows MSN Messenger icon. Is there a way in the setting (likely in the
registry) that I can set to exit the MSN Messenger icon in System Tray when
I close MSN Messenger?

Thank in advance.

Tony
1 answer Last reply
More about exit messenger system tray

    Greetings Tony,

    I assume you mean by clicking the 'X'? Unfortunately this functionality is no longer in MSN
    Messenger (previous versions let you set an option for this). You'll need to right-click the
    Messenger notification icon and click Exit.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Tony" <tc123456_1999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I close MSN Messenger (Version 6.2 run on Windows XP), the System Tray
    > still shows MSN Messenger icon. Is there a way in the setting (likely in the
    > registry) that I can set to exit the MSN Messenger icon in System Tray when
    > I close MSN Messenger?
    >
    > Thank in advance.
    >
    > Tony

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP