Windows Messenger - no incoming audio

Having a problem using audio with Windows Messenger. Basically the problem
is when chatting with someone with the mic and webcam, they can see and hear
me and I can see them, but cannot hear them. Happens no matter who I chat
with.
My speakers are working fine because all other audio is working. Mic works
fine too. Ran the Audio Tuning Wizard and that all works fine.
I am running Windows XP with a dial-up internet connection, no router etc.
Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

--
May the hyzer be with you......always.

Greetings,

You and your contact might try turning off the QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start,
then All Programs, then Accessories, then Communications, and then Network Connections. Right
click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
Scheduler, and try again. If the QoS option is grayed out, simply click on it and choose the
Uninstall button instead.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert