SIP Commication Services in Windows Messenger

I noticed that Windows Messenger (not MSN messenger)
offering the SIP communication. I tried to connect to
skype.com, but seems it is not capable to signing in,
according to Skype setting, I should use UDP for
connection. Any advise?

Does Windows Messenger's SIP features implement to skype
or other SIP service well? Any comment?
1 answer Last reply
More about commication services windows messenger

    Greetings,

    Skype may be based on SIP, but I don't believe the implementation in Windows Messenger will
    allow you to connect.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "dullcan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I noticed that Windows Messenger (not MSN messenger)
    > offering the SIP communication. I tried to connect to
    > skype.com, but seems it is not capable to signing in,
    > according to Skype setting, I should use UDP for
    > connection. Any advise?
    >
    > Does Windows Messenger's SIP features implement to skype
    > or other SIP service well? Any comment?

Windows XP