canon digital as web cam

can I use Canon A75 digital camera as web cam in Messenger, I tried
unsuccessfully
1 answer Last reply
More about canon digital

    Greetings Jay,

    Which "Messenger" are you using? If you're using MSN Messenger 6.x, there are actually two
    different video functions within it. The first, the "Webcam" function, which is tested by
    the "Web Camera Settings" dialog, basically supports actual "Webcam"s only. It does not
    support DV/firewire cameras, digital cameras, or video card inputs like the All-In-Wonder.
    The second, the "Video Conference" function is tested by the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard,
    supports most devices including DV cameras and video card inputs and uses the same
    functionality as Windows Messenger.

    The Video Conference and Audio/Video Tuning Wizard will only be available on Windows XP (and
    both you and your contact must be using Windows XP in order for it to work). Assuming both
    of you are using Windows XP, try using the Video Conference feature instead, by clicking the
    Actions menu within a conversation window and choosing 'Start Video Conference'.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can I use Canon A75 digital camera as web cam in Messenger, I tried
    > unsuccessfully

Canon Cameras Messenger Microsoft Windows XP