Switching governments at will

I've noticed in a few posts that some people seem to switch their type
of government whenever they want to. How can you do this? I've only
been able to do that at the point when I add that type of government.

Thanks

Rich Olver <richolver@comcast.net> wrote in news:eYqdnX30c9HtQ0HfRVn-
vw@comcast.com:

> I've noticed in a few posts that some people seem to switch their type
> of government whenever they want to. How can you do this? I've only
> been able to do that at the point when I add that type of government.

You can do this from the domestic advisor screen. Hit <F1> to bring it up.

data64

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:03:15 -0400, data64 <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> Rich Olver <richolver@comcast.net> wrote in news:eYqdnX30c9HtQ0HfRVn-
> vw@comcast.com:
>
>> I've noticed in a few posts that some people seem to switch their type
>> of government whenever they want to. How can you do this? I've only
>> been able to do that at the point when I add that type of government.
>>

> You can do this from the domestic advisor screen. Hit <F1> to bring it up.

I think he's asking about doing it without the usual several-turn delay?

>>> I've noticed in a few posts that some people seem to switch their type
>>> of government whenever they want to. How can you do this? I've only
>>> been able to do that at the point when I add that type of government.
>>>

>> You can do this from the domestic advisor screen. Hit <F1> to bring it up.
>
> I think he's asking about doing it without the usual several-turn delay?

For that you need a Religious Civ. This cuts it down to 1-2 turns rather than
6-7 turns.

data64

"data64" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>>> You can do this from the domestic advisor screen. Hit <F1> to bring it
>>> up.

You can alternatively click on the rectangle with the name of your
government type on this screen.