  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2005 10:15:44 AM

I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.

More about : head philosophy

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:18:04 AM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:15:44 -0400, Mike S. <mike@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
>working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
>first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.

Ok you know something. It is taking way longer to get to philosophy
then I thought it would. Too many turns in and I still can't build
anything better then a freaking warrior. :-P
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:18:45 PM

"Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
> working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
> first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.

Assuming you are playing Conquests, many players research Code of Laws then
Philosophy and take Republic as a free tech.
August 23, 2005 1:57:05 AM

"The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:p a3Ge.2900$j21.1006@news01.roc.ny...

> "Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
>> working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
>> first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.
>
> Assuming you are playing Conquests, many players research Code of Laws
> then Philosophy and take Republic as a free tech.

I usually take Philosphy then Literature for free, and then go for The Great
Library. Then I always go for the most time consuming tech to research, and
let the lesser civs fill in the gaps for me.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 10:45:32 PM

I always make a straight shot for Republic, taking a detour to construction
if my cities are growing quickly so I can build aqueducts. I also detour to
literature and get the libraries going. I'm a major tech junkie, 'cause it's
so much fun to run over chariots with tanks <g>

news:D edhnh$q4u$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

!