Should I head for Philosophy first?

I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about should head philosophy first
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:15:44 -0400, Mike S. <mike@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
    >working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
    >first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.

    Ok you know something. It is taking way longer to get to philosophy
    then I thought it would. Too many turns in and I still can't build
    anything better then a freaking warrior. :-P
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
    > working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
    > first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.

    Assuming you are playing Conquests, many players research Code of Laws then
    Philosophy and take Republic as a free tech.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message

    > "Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
    >> working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
    >> first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.
    >
    > Assuming you are playing Conquests, many players research Code of Laws
    > then Philosophy and take Republic as a free tech.

    I usually take Philosphy then Literature for free, and then go for The Great
    Library. Then I always go for the most time consuming tech to research, and
    let the lesser civs fill in the gaps for me.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    I always make a straight shot for Republic, taking a detour to construction
    if my cities are growing quickly so I can build aqueducts. I also detour to
    literature and get the libraries going. I'm a major tech junkie, 'cause it's
    so much fun to run over chariots with tanks <g>

    "Pink Freud" <wotsayyou@here.com> wrote in message

    > "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > >>I usually click on Bronze working first to get Spearmen and then Iron
    > >> working to secure an iron deposit. Should I be heading for Philosophy
    > >> first to get the free tech? I play at Monarch if that matters. Thanks.
    > >
    > > Assuming you are playing Conquests, many players research Code of Laws
    > > then Philosophy and take Republic as a free tech.
    > >

    > I usually take Philosphy then Literature for free, and then go for The
    Great
    > Library. Then I always go for the most time consuming tech to research,
    and
    > let the lesser civs fill in the gaps for me.

Games Video Games