Civ 3

Just to clarify, you need Civ 3 itself first. Conqests is an expansion pack.
But Conquests also includes Civ 3 Play The World, essentially playing Civ 3
on an Earth map. So do not buy that PTW separately.
If I were you I would spend a few weeks getting to know Civ 3 (especially
reading the Civilopedia) before advancing to Conquests. Again, a cheap Civ 3
disc can be had at Amazon Marketplace.
You are in for a world of discovery. I almost envy you. Enjoy!
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:32:30 GMT, Chance Gardener wrote:

    > Just to clarify, you need Civ 3 itself first. Conqests is an expansion pack.
    > But Conquests also includes Civ 3 Play The World, essentially playing Civ 3
    > on an Earth map. So do not buy that PTW separately.
    > If I were you I would spend a few weeks getting to know Civ 3 (especially
    > reading the Civilopedia) before advancing to Conquests. Again, a cheap Civ 3
    > disc can be had at Amazon Marketplace.
    > You are in for a world of discovery. I almost envy you. Enjoy!

    of course there's also "civ3 complete"
    which inculdes all 3 in one package ....
    or u could wait for civ 4
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    Any news yet?

    --
    Cheers
    Roger T.

    Home of the Great Eastern Railway
    http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:25:20 -0700, "Roger T."
    <rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

    >Any news yet?

    Civfanatics has a bunch of links to other site reviews. There are
    some screenshots and details about the game philosophy. For instance
    they claim no more spearmen beating tanks.

    I am not really all that impressed so far. They dumped everything
    into 3D which I have never been a fan of. And major rule changes
    might cause more problems if they are not thought through. I
    certainly am not paying top dollar like I did with Conquests.

Games Video Games