Civ 3

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2005 6:32:30 PM

Just to clarify, you need Civ 3 itself first. Conqests is an expansion pack.
But Conquests also includes Civ 3 Play The World, essentially playing Civ 3
on an Earth map. So do not buy that PTW separately.
If I were you I would spend a few weeks getting to know Civ 3 (especially
reading the Civilopedia) before advancing to Conquests. Again, a cheap Civ 3
disc can be had at Amazon Marketplace.
You are in for a world of discovery. I almost envy you. Enjoy!

More about : civ

Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:32:34 AM

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:32:30 GMT, Chance Gardener wrote:

> Just to clarify, you need Civ 3 itself first. Conqests is an expansion pack.
> But Conquests also includes Civ 3 Play The World, essentially playing Civ 3
> on an Earth map. So do not buy that PTW separately.
> If I were you I would spend a few weeks getting to know Civ 3 (especially
> reading the Civilopedia) before advancing to Conquests. Again, a cheap Civ 3
> disc can be had at Amazon Marketplace.
> You are in for a world of discovery. I almost envy you. Enjoy!

of course there's also "civ3 complete"
which inculdes all 3 in one package ....
or u could wait for civ 4
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:32:36 AM

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:25:20 -0700, "Roger T."
<rogertra@highspeedplus.com> wrote:

>Any news yet?

Civfanatics has a bunch of links to other site reviews. There are
some screenshots and details about the game philosophy. For instance
they claim no more spearmen beating tanks.

I am not really all that impressed so far. They dumped everything
into 3D which I have never been a fan of. And major rule changes
might cause more problems if they are not thought through. I
certainly am not paying top dollar like I did with Conquests.
!