Trigger to Open Ports for Audio

I understand that in a non UPnP I can open ports 5004 - 65535 to receive/send
audio. My Dlink 704P router allows me to open those ports with a trigger
port when the application launches.
Does MSN 6.2 have a trigger port?
Is there separate port when you try to initiate an audio conversation?
2 answers Last reply
More about trigger open ports audio

    Hi Ralph,

    No, just opened ports won't make it work; you need Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in
    order for audio conversations to consistently be able to be established. The 704P does
    support UPnP, but you will need a firmware update:
    http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I understand that in a non UPnP I can open ports 5004 - 65535 to receive/send
    > audio. My Dlink 704P router allows me to open those ports with a trigger
    > port when the application launches.
    > Does MSN 6.2 have a trigger port?
    > Is there separate port when you try to initiate an audio conversation?

    I have the revision "B" with the latest firmware which should support UPnP.
    MSN says your are connected to the internet through a UPnp IP restricted NAT
    (Administrator). Is this what I need?

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Hi Ralph,
    >
    > No, just opened ports won't make it work; you need Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in
    > order for audio conversations to consistently be able to be established. The 704P does
    > support UPnP, but you will need a firmware update:
    > http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I understand that in a non UPnP I can open ports 5004 - 65535 to receive/send
    > > audio. My Dlink 704P router allows me to open those ports with a trigger
    > > port when the application launches.
    > > Does MSN 6.2 have a trigger port?
    > > Is there separate port when you try to initiate an audio conversation?

Open Ports Audio Windows XP