Trigger to Open Ports for Audio

October 29, 2004 2:23:02 AM

I understand that in a non UPnP I can open ports 5004 - 65535 to receive/send
audio. My Dlink 704P router allows me to open those ports with a trigger
port when the application launches.
Does MSN 6.2 have a trigger port?
Is there separate port when you try to initiate an audio conversation?
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 7:38:02 PM

Hi Ralph,

No, just opened ports won't make it work; you need Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) support in
order for audio conversations to consistently be able to be established. The 704P does
support UPnP, but you will need a firmware update:
http://support.dlink.com/downloads/
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I understand that in a non UPnP I can open ports 5004 - 65535 to receive/send
> audio. My Dlink 704P router allows me to open those ports with a trigger
> port when the application launches.
> Does MSN 6.2 have a trigger port?
> Is there separate port when you try to initiate an audio conversation?
October 30, 2004 11:19:02 PM

I have the revision "B" with the latest firmware which should support UPnP.
MSN says your are connected to the internet through a UPnp IP restricted NAT
(Administrator). Is this what I need?

!