Why does WM try to gain access to the internet when I tell it not to load
with Windows?

Greetings Rajah,

Do you have Norton Antivirus installed? Recent versions of Norton Antivirus added an
"instant messaging scanning" feature, which can conflict with Messenger and cause it to also
keep starting. To stop it, open Norton Antivirus (Right-click on the Norton Antivirus icon in
the System Tray/Notification Area (by the clock), choose 'Open Norton Antivirus'), click
Options, then Instant Messenger then uncheck MSN Instant Messenger and click OK.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert