In Civ2 your cities influence didn't grow. In Civ3 it does.

Should I worry about my cities overlapping?

--
www.stri.tk

Stri proclaimed...

> In Civ2 your cities influence didn't grow. In Civ3 it does.
>
> Should I worry about my cities overlapping?

How many workers should I have per city?

--
www.stri.tk

"Stri" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Stri proclaimed...
>
>> In Civ2 your cities influence didn't grow. In Civ3 it does.
>>
>> Should I worry about my cities overlapping?

No.

> How many workers should I have per city?

Rule of thumb is 1.5 per city once your economy gets going. Less if you are
industrial.

The Stare proclaimed...

> No.

So what would be the best spacing?

--

> The Stare proclaimed...
>
>> No.
>
> So what would be the best spacing?

I prefer CxxxC although most higher level players use CxxC. The tighter the
build means more cities are closer to the capital for less corruption.
Regent and below you can get away with OCP (optimal city placement) where no
cities overlap or have maybe 1 tile of overlap.

The theory goes that for most of the game your cities are stuck at size 12
and thus you have a lot of unused tiles with OCP. Most players don't like
the huge cities that OCP can produce after hospitals due to the pollution.

Also, settlers don't have as far to go when building a compact empire =
faster expansion.

The Stare proclaimed...

> I prefer CxxxC although most higher level players use CxxC. The tighter the
> build means more cities are closer to the capital for less corruption.
> Regent and below you can get away with OCP (optimal city placement) where no
> cities overlap or have maybe 1 tile of overlap.
>
> The theory goes that for most of the game your cities are stuck at size 12
> and thus you have a lot of unused tiles with OCP. Most players don't like
> the huge cities that OCP can produce after hospitals due to the pollution.
>
> Also, settlers don't have as far to go when building a compact empire =
> faster expansion.

Interesting, thanks!

--
www.stri.tk

U¿ytkownik "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> napisa³ w
wiadomo¶ci news:c4FUe.751$am.679@news01.roc.ny...

> "Stri" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> > The Stare proclaimed...
> >
> >> No.
> >
> > So what would be the best spacing?
>
> I prefer CxxxC although most higher level players use CxxC. The tighter
the
> build means more cities are closer to the capital for less corruption.
> Regent and below you can get away with OCP (optimal city placement) where
no
> cities overlap or have maybe 1 tile of overlap.
>
> The theory goes that for most of the game your cities are stuck at size 12
> and thus you have a lot of unused tiles with OCP. Most players don't like
> the huge cities that OCP can produce after hospitals due to the pollution.
>
> Also, settlers don't have as far to go when building a compact empire =
> faster expansion.

On other hand sometimes some cities take a tile that you think is more
suitable for other city and that often happens after clearing the pollution
(the tile is taken by other city) which can reduce production in the city
that had the tile before. It happened to me a few times where a mine with
coal and railroad was taken by other city and that resulted in the reduce of
production by 30% in the previous city (the city that took the tile had
already big production).

"Mantades"
<matito@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com>
wrote in message news:dfvlkp$t9b$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> U¿ytkownik "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> napisa³ w
> wiadomo¶ci news:c4FUe.751$am.679@news01.roc.ny...
>>
>> "Stri" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> > The Stare proclaimed...

>> > So what would be the best spacing?
>>
>> I prefer CxxxC although most higher level players use CxxC. The tighter
> the
>> build means more cities are closer to the capital for less corruption.
>> Regent and below you can get away with OCP (optimal city placement) where
> no
>> cities overlap or have maybe 1 tile of overlap.
>>
>> The theory goes that for most of the game your cities are stuck at size
>> 12
>> and thus you have a lot of unused tiles with OCP. Most players don't like
>> the huge cities that OCP can produce after hospitals due to the
>> pollution.
>>
>> Also, settlers don't have as far to go when building a compact empire =
>> faster expansion.
>>

> On other hand sometimes some cities take a tile that you think is more
> suitable for other city and that often happens after clearing the
> pollution
> (the tile is taken by other city) which can reduce production in the city
> that had the tile before. It happened to me a few times where a mine with
> coal and railroad was taken by other city and that resulted in the reduce
> of
> production by 30% in the previous city (the city that took the tile had
> already big production).

The city with the earliest founding date will be the one to get the newly
cleaned tile if you are letting the governors manage moods.

On the 11 Sep 2005, "The Stare" <wat1@not.likely.frontiernet.net> wrote:

<snip>

> The city with the earliest founding date will be the one to get the
> newly cleaned tile if you are letting the governors manage moods.

Learn something new every day...

Conquests arrived today! Yay!

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!