Courthouse in capital?

IIRC in civ2 they made 1 citizen content.

Due to the way civ3 displays things, however, I cannot see if that is
the case, and the Civilopedia (1.29 vanilla) says nothing about the
effect of courthouses in capitals.

If I don't have communism, is there any benefit?

--
Peter Knutsen
sagatafl.org

"Peter Knutsen (usenet)" <peter@sagatafl.invalid> wrote in message

> IIRC in civ2 they made 1 citizen content.
>
> Due to the way civ3 displays things, however, I cannot see if that is the
> case, and the Civilopedia (1.29 vanilla) says nothing about the effect of
> courthouses in capitals.
>
> If I don't have communism, is there any benefit?

Forget civ2. Civ3 is a different game. Courthouses only reduce corruption
and waste. There is no reason to have one in your capital unless you are in
a communal goverment.

Peter Knutsen wrote:

>Forget civ2. Civ3 is a different game. Courthouses only reduce corruption
and waste. There is no reason to have one in your capital unless you
are in
a communal goverment.

I built a courthouse in my capital once just to check and found that
actually, I earned one gold more per year that way. This was under
democracy.

Öjevind Lång

The Stare wrote:

>I forgot about the vc3/ptw corruption model which has minimal courruption in
the capital. 1 gold is all you will get out of it though and it costs 1

gold/turn to maintain for a break even situation.

No, I don't think so. I saved the game and sold the courthouse to see
what happened, and then my income was one gold less.

Öjevind

<ojevind.lang@bredband.net> wrote in message

I built a courthouse in my capital once just to check and found that
actually, I earned one gold more per year that way. This was under
democracy.

I forgot about the vc3/ptw corruption model which has minimal courruption in
the capital. 1 gold is all you will get out of it though and it costs 1
gold/turn to maintain for a break even situation.

TRENDING THREADS