Civ4 ready to preorder

Looking around, Play.com has Civ4 for preorder at £24.99 delivered. Cheaper
than Amazon. They say it is due for release 18th November 2005. We will see!
They have a little trailer to whet your appetite. Mostly about how addictive
the game is, but Sid appears at the end.
www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=688285&id=0&adudisc=y&who=&cpage=1&zv=1&clear=1

I suspect the Play release date will slide. On Amazon US Civ4 is only
available as a preorder for shipping within the US, so it looks like us
Europeans will have to wait a little longer than our American friends for
the new game. I expect it will be worth it.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 07:59:53 GMT, "Chance Gardener"
<chancegardener@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Looking around, Play.com has Civ4 for preorder at £24.99 delivered. Cheaper
>than Amazon. They say it is due for release 18th November 2005. We will see!
>They have a little trailer to whet your appetite. Mostly about how addictive
>the game is, but Sid appears at the end.
>www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=688285&id=0&adudisc=y&who=&cpage=1&zv=1&clear=1
>
> I suspect the Play release date will slide. On Amazon US Civ4 is only
>available as a preorder for shipping within the US, so it looks like us
>Europeans will have to wait a little longer than our American friends for
>the new game. I expect it will be worth it.

The US Civ4 pre-order is different packaging and meant to be
collectors item. The movie you mention is from one of the Civ sites
about Civ4. There are lots of screen shots and descriptions out
there.