Questions about the Great Library Wonder

My apologies if this was already posted. My news reader crashed right
when I sent the first one. Anyway....

1. Does the Great Library work for civs I have not made contact with?
(It seems like the civilopedia says no, but I want to make sure.)

2. If one civ trades a tech to a second civ, will I get the tech
through the Great Library? And what about multiple scientific civs
getting the same free tech? Or do the civs actually have to research
and discover the tech for the Great Library to work?

Thanks.

"Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> My apologies if this was already posted. My news reader crashed right
> when I sent the first one. Anyway....
>
> 1. Does the Great Library work for civs I have not made contact with?
> (It seems like the civilopedia says no, but I want to make sure.)
>
> 2. If one civ trades a tech to a second civ, will I get the tech
> through the Great Library? And what about multiple scientific civs
> getting the same free tech? Or do the civs actually have to research
> and discover the tech for the Great Library to work?

You must have contact with the civs in order for the GL to work because of
them. It doesn't matter how they get the techs.