Windows Messenger, App Sharing grayed out

We installed Windows Messenger on Server 2003 with Terminal Services
enabled. Works fine with multiple users logged onto the same server
but the "Start Application Sharing" option is disabled/grayed out.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this or why it's disabled?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows messenger sharing grayed

    I too am wanting to do the same thing. The basic problem is that Windows
    Server 2003 doesn't support app sharing, whiteboard, or any of the other
    non-text based Messenger services. The only OS that does is Windows XP...

    Does anyone know whether there's a version of Windows Messenger that
    supports these features on Windows 2003 Server? Surely the OS has the same
    hooks and core services required for them as XP does. Perhaps Messenger 5.1
    will support this - anyone from MS able to comment?

    Regards,

    Jacob

    "Joe Hanover" wrote:

    > We installed Windows Messenger on Server 2003 with Terminal Services
    > enabled. Works fine with multiple users logged onto the same server
    > but the "Start Application Sharing" option is disabled/grayed out.
    > Can anyone tell me how to fix this or why it's disabled?
    >
    > Thanks

Terminal Messenger Microsoft Servers Windows XP