Windows Messenger, App Sharing grayed out

November 2, 2004 11:16:42 AM

We installed Windows Messenger on Server 2003 with Terminal Services
enabled. Works fine with multiple users logged onto the same server
but the "Start Application Sharing" option is disabled/grayed out.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this or why it's disabled?

Thanks
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 2:19:02 AM

I too am wanting to do the same thing. The basic problem is that Windows
Server 2003 doesn't support app sharing, whiteboard, or any of the other
non-text based Messenger services. The only OS that does is Windows XP...

Does anyone know whether there's a version of Windows Messenger that
supports these features on Windows 2003 Server? Surely the OS has the same
hooks and core services required for them as XP does. Perhaps Messenger 5.1
will support this - anyone from MS able to comment?

Regards,

Jacob

!