Windows Messenger & Outlook Express

Is there any possible way to stop Windows Messenger from loading whenever I
open Outlook Express 6, and recognize the latest versions of MSN Messenger
instead? Is there a different version of OE that -does- recognize MSN
Messenger 6.2?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger outlook express

    I used XP AntiSpy to get MSN to stop loading when I opened OE. Check out
    http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=selectcat&cat=7
    for more details

    NOTE: XP AntiSpy can change other settings on your system, so read carefully
    before you apply the program's proposed changes.

    Michael Katz
    [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    http://msmvps.com/msntral

    This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    "Dylan Todd" <DylanTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any possible way to stop Windows Messenger from loading whenever
    > open Outlook Express 6, and recognize the latest versions of MSN Messenger
    > instead? Is there a different version of OE that -does- recognize MSN
    > Messenger 6.2?

    Alrighty, thanks a lot for your reply. I will definately check that out! In
    the meantime, is there any way to make OE recognize MSN 6.2?

    Thanks again

    "Michael Katz [MVP]" wrote:

    > I used XP AntiSpy to get MSN to stop loading when I opened OE. Check out
    > http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=selectcat&cat=7
    > for more details
    >
    > NOTE: XP AntiSpy can change other settings on your system, so read carefully
    > before you apply the program's proposed changes.

    > Michael Katz
    > [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    > "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    > http://msmvps.com/msntral
    >
    > This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    >

    > "Dylan Todd" <DylanTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there any possible way to stop Windows Messenger from loading whenever
    > > open Outlook Express 6, and recognize the latest versions of MSN Messenger
    > > instead? Is there a different version of OE that -does- recognize MSN
    > > Messenger 6.2?

    Greetings Dylan,

    To stop Windows Messenger from loading with Outlook Express, close Outlook Express, then
    download and run the following .reg file:
    http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/stopmessenger_oe.reg

    As for using MSN Messenger 6.x in Outlook Express, I'm afraid this isn't possible.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Dylan Todd" <DylanTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any possible way to stop Windows Messenger from loading whenever I
    > open Outlook Express 6, and recognize the latest versions of MSN Messenger
    > instead? Is there a different version of OE that -does- recognize MSN
    > Messenger 6.2?

    I don't believe OE's able to recognize MSNM, so there's little you can do
    there...

    > Alrighty, thanks a lot for your reply. I will definately check that out!
    > In
    > the meantime, is there any way to make OE recognize MSN 6.2?
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > "Michael Katz [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> I used XP AntiSpy to get MSN to stop loading when I opened OE. Check out
    >> http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=selectcat&cat=7
    >> for more details
    >>
    >> NOTE: XP AntiSpy can change other settings on your system, so read
    >> carefully
    >> before you apply the program's proposed changes.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Katz
    >> [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    >> "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    >> http://msmvps.com/msntral
    >>
    >> This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
    >> rights.
    >>

    >> "Dylan Todd" <DylanTodd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Is there any possible way to stop Windows Messenger from loading
    >> > whenever
    >> > open Outlook Express 6, and recognize the latest versions of MSN
    >> > Messenger
    >> > instead? Is there a different version of OE that -does- recognize MSN
    >> > Messenger 6.2?

Outlook Express Messenger Microsoft Windows XP