Sign in with
Your question

KB not working on boot (no OS installed)

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Boot
  • PS/2
  • Keyboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 4, 2010 12:28:12 AM

ok ... my keyboard on another comp isnt workin on boot.. i re configured the c-mos(reset it).. and plulled the battery out.. (put it bak in) now i dont hav n OS on it yet.. and i cant access my bios :D  ...STUCK :D 

i hav a ps/2 KB and 2 usb KB .. theyy work fine on other comps... now wat on earth is goin on... i tried that whole... unplug the internal memory card thing.. didnt work ... i tried.. all the ps/2 keyboard tricks .. that i know.. didnt work .. ... anybody @_@ lol ............. would a serial -ps/2 adapter b my only fix?? or wat??

More about : working boot installed

August 4, 2010 1:14:37 AM

well it makes perfect sense your usb keyboard isnt working... default settings on nearly every motherboard is for USB keyboards on boot = disabled you have to change that in bios

This is normally accomplished by a ps/2 keyboard. Theres no reason a ps2 keyboard isnt working
m
l
August 4, 2010 7:46:56 AM

you will have to flash your bios to remove the bios password to do this open your case and check on yuor motherboard for the bios jumper it should indicate on the board otherwise look for a jumper where you see only 3 pins next to each other switch jumper to ther other two and put on your pc hold button for 5sec. change jumper back to origional positon and switch on the pc and try going into the bios again.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 4, 2010 6:43:33 PM

Demonic said:
you will have to flash your bios to remove the bios password to do this open your case and check on yuor motherboard for the bios jumper it should indicate on the board otherwise look for a jumper where you see only 3 pins next to each other switch jumper to ther other two and put on your pc hold button for 5sec. change jumper back to origional positon and switch on the pc and try going into the bios again.

Wrong Topic?
m
l
Related resources
!