Can't get into my hotmail account

I've recently moved and thus changed my country in Hotmail Profile. As a
result, I noticed that my MSN has been redirected from where I lived to the
local MSN (Australia). Fine.
However, after a single successful logon right after the change, I find that
I can no longer sign on to my hotmail account! I enter my password, the
screen looks like it's directing me to my inbox but instead it freezes.
I can log on to my Messenger (and post here) but the same problem occurs if
I try to get into my inbox from Messenger.
On the other hand, when I sign on to another hotmail account for which I
have not yet changed my country, I have no problems at all....

I thought the problem might be cookies so I deleted all temp files and
cookies from the Tools-Options menu...but with no success.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about hotmail account

    Maybe the answer is just to open up a new email acct with hotmail. You will
    have to notify all about the change however.

    "Vic" wrote:

    > I've recently moved and thus changed my country in Hotmail Profile. As a
    > result, I noticed that my MSN has been redirected from where I lived to the
    > local MSN (Australia). Fine.
    > However, after a single successful logon right after the change, I find that
    > I can no longer sign on to my hotmail account! I enter my password, the
    > screen looks like it's directing me to my inbox but instead it freezes.
    > I can log on to my Messenger (and post here) but the same problem occurs if
    > I try to get into my inbox from Messenger.
    > On the other hand, when I sign on to another hotmail account for which I
    > have not yet changed my country, I have no problems at all....
    >
    > I thought the problem might be cookies so I deleted all temp files and
    > cookies from the Tools-Options menu...but with no success.
    >
    > Can anyone help? Thanks!

    You can report issues to http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf.
    Hopefully the issue will be addressed soon so you can get back to MSNing.

    Best of luck!

    Michael Katz
    [Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
    "There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
    http://msmvps.com/msntral

    This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    "Vic" <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've recently moved and thus changed my country in Hotmail Profile. As a
    > result, I noticed that my MSN has been redirected from where I lived to
    > the
    > local MSN (Australia). Fine.
    > However, after a single successful logon right after the change, I find
    > that
    > I can no longer sign on to my hotmail account! I enter my password, the
    > screen looks like it's directing me to my inbox but instead it freezes.
    > I can log on to my Messenger (and post here) but the same problem occurs
    > if
    > I try to get into my inbox from Messenger.
    > On the other hand, when I sign on to another hotmail account for which I
    > have not yet changed my country, I have no problems at all....
    >
    > I thought the problem might be cookies so I deleted all temp files and
    > cookies from the Tools-Options menu...but with no success.
    >
    > Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hotmail Messenger Windows XP