Windows Messenger using SIP

We are testing using windows messenger using SIP addresses within our office.
For some reason, when I log on my contacts can see that I am logged on, but
they show as being offline. We have already checked to make sure that they
are showing online. I am at a remote office, but am connected to the internal
network, so all protocols should be passing across the line. Any help would
be appreciated.

PaulO

Hi,

I think I can't be of any help. As you told everything is on the internal
network, it doesn't seem to be a firewall/NAT issue. Although it seems to be
a problem of you NOT receiving correct signaling (you see everybody as
offline), while signaling on the other direction is ok (they see you as
online). So it's a typical NAT (or FW) problem. Are you sure there's no NAT
or firewall on the way to the central office?

I'd also like to ask you something apart from this: which Windows Messenger
version are you using? Which O.S.?

Thank you
Paulo.