Can i know who's using a X user name?

When you first start to create your profile in MSN Messenger, the system ask
you to choose a name. Is there any way for me to find a user by this
username?

Cause someone have taken Vernafel and I really would like to know if it's an
Error or who it is...
5 answers Last reply
More about user name

    If someone else uses this name then than name belongs to that user and not
    much you can do about it. Even if you at one time used such name but failed
    to use it for certain amount of time. The only way you could assure that
    name stays with you is by paying for it or using it continuously with out
    long breaks that may trigger cancellation of the "free" e-mail account. You
    may consider using Vernafel@MSN.com instead of the Vernafel@Hotmail.com.

    --
    Pavel

    In article <OUYKkJ3wEHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, Pavel says...

    > If someone else uses this name then than name belongs to that user and not
    > much you can do about it. Even if you at one time used such name but failed
    > to use it for certain amount of time. The only way you could assure that
    > name stays with you is by paying for it or using it continuously with out
    > long breaks that may trigger cancellation of the "free" e-mail account. You
    > may consider using Vernafel@MSN.com instead of the Vernafel@Hotmail.com.

    Only if he is willing to pay for MSN access to the Internet. Unless you know
    of a way to obtain an @msn.com domain account without either switching ISPs,
    or paying for two ISPs, but only using one for the email account (MSN
    Internet Access). If he is going to pay for web mail access while retaining
    his current ISP, he would find an @yahoo.com account to be cheaper; for that
    matter, if that name is available on @yahoo.com, he could set up a free
    account. Then set up a .Net Passport account with that email address.

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    I was not aware that MSN did not provide free limited e-mail accounts since
    I have one and not paying for it. Is this something as of late? But as you
    pointed out, there is also Yahoo and I am sure many other providers that can
    do the same for free.

    --
    Pavel

    "N. Miller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In article <OUYKkJ3wEHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, Pavel says...
    >
    >> If someone else uses this name then than name belongs to that user and
    >> not
    >> much you can do about it. Even if you at one time used such name but
    >> failed
    >> to use it for certain amount of time. The only way you could assure that
    >> name stays with you is by paying for it or using it continuously with out
    >> long breaks that may trigger cancellation of the "free" e-mail account.
    >> You
    >> may consider using Vernafel@MSN.com instead of the Vernafel@Hotmail.com.
    >
    > Only if he is willing to pay for MSN access to the Internet. Unless you
    > know
    > of a way to obtain an @msn.com domain account without either switching
    > ISPs,
    > or paying for two ISPs, but only using one for the email account (MSN
    > Internet Access). If he is going to pay for web mail access while
    > retaining
    > his current ISP, he would find an @yahoo.com account to be cheaper; for
    > that
    > matter, if that name is available on @yahoo.com, he could set up a free
    > account. Then set up a .Net Passport account with that email address.
    >
    > --
    > Norman
    > ~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
    > ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    > ~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint

    I'm not talking about the "X"@hotmail.com.
    I'm talking about when you click to see a profile of let's say:
    Bob@hotmail.com
    you will see his user name as let's say (top left of the profile)
    The flying chainsaw...
    i allready got the Vernafel@hotmail.com, the problem is that when you modify
    your profile with msn, they ask you to create a Profile name and the profile
    name Vernafel is allready in use, and i would like to know how to see which
    users got this name...

    I am really confused. If the name Vernafel@hotmail.com is yours and you are
    able to send and receive e-mail using this account then you already own it.
    Therefore, why is it asking you to create a profile when it already exists
    and why do you say that someone else owns it? Can't you simply login to MSN
    using the same password that you use to send/receive your e-mail and edit
    your profile from there?

    --

    > I'm not talking about the "X"@hotmail.com.
    > I'm talking about when you click to see a profile of let's say:
    > Bob@hotmail.com
    > you will see his user name as let's say (top left of the profile)
    > The flying chainsaw...
    > i allready got the Vernafel@hotmail.com, the problem is that when you
    > modify
    > your profile with msn, they ask you to create a Profile name and the
    > profile
    > name Vernafel is allready in use, and i would like to know how to see
    > which
    > users got this name...

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP