Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Lenovo Launches New AMD-powered ThinkPads

Last response: in News comments
January 4, 2010 1:25:53 PM

I'm glad to see more amd processors besides HP notebooks.
Score
January 4, 2010 1:29:28 PM

yes, i would love to chew on one those ultra portable...

Score
Related resources
January 4, 2010 1:44:02 PM

great price.
Score
January 4, 2010 2:14:31 PM

At least the notebooks look decent aesthetically speaking. I have seen people with lenovo notebooks in my university and they look like weird block things.
Score
January 4, 2010 2:31:00 PM

Althon? that must be a new processor.
Score
January 4, 2010 2:32:34 PM

Socrates047At least the notebooks look decent aesthetically speaking. I have seen people with lenovo notebooks in my university and they look like weird block things.

I don't care how my "block thing" looks. Each ThinkPad I used lasted more then 5 years each. This time I'm a bit worried. They are changing the keyboard and the ThinkPads have one of the best keyboard around. Lets hope that new keyboard is good also. I will try it at CES.
Score
January 4, 2010 3:26:29 PM

Quote:
At least the notebooks look decent aesthetically speaking. I have seen people with lenovo notebooks in my university and they look like weird block things.
I have to agree the old think pads do look like bricks. I use my think pad as a high-tech door stop. At 9 years old it still works though!
Score
January 4, 2010 6:04:58 PM

the red ones certainly look sexy, though i'm not so sure about the chicklet-looking keyboard
Score
January 4, 2010 7:07:27 PM

I hope AMD release these Athlon Neo X2(22 watts) to retail/end use market. Go AMD/ATI and I hope Intel lose another 20-40 share market. For what they have done to AMD/ATI and consumer.
Score
January 4, 2010 7:51:11 PM

Man i hate the nub
Score
a b À AMD
January 4, 2010 8:10:01 PM

Ohhh... Looks good, but the performance?, maybe is a good option for people like me that don't need the power of Intel on his laptop.
Score
January 4, 2010 8:29:31 PM

saint19Ohhh... Looks good, but the performance?, maybe is a good option for people like me that don't need the power of Intel on his laptop.

Intel doesn't always have best performance. (atom anyone?)
Score
January 4, 2010 11:51:29 PM

Hey, Jane, might want to check your first spelling of Athlon.

Great article, shame there's not more info available. I might actually pick up one of those X100e models, will wait till they've been used by others first, though.
Score
January 5, 2010 3:39:23 AM

Nice! I've been eying the V13 from Dell, but this seems just as nice (and includes HDMI- something the Dell lacked). Not sure about the performance or size though, are these going to be pretty slim?

The prices are pretty good, and I like that there is a good upgrade path to the Intel CULV chips.
Score
Anonymous
January 5, 2010 4:24:29 AM

What are you people talking about? Lenovo usually always ranks at the bottom of reliability tests. I would buy most any brand of computer before Lenovo. The only people that I really see that purchase Lenovo do it because they feel they are supporting China by buying one.
Score
January 5, 2010 6:59:39 AM

A 9 year-old Thinkpad would have been sold before the Lenovo merger. The IBM Thinkpads were indeed built to last, even if they were a bit clunky. I had a 770ED in college (purchased in Summer 1998, first laptop with a DVD drive) and it was incredibly durable. Unfortunately, my needs eclipsed the capabilities of a Pentium II in 2002, but my dad used my old Thinkpad after me for several years after that.

FWIW, right now I think that the ASUS makes the most durable laptops.
Score
January 5, 2010 10:45:03 AM

KelavarusHey, Jane, might want to check your first spelling of Athlon. Great article, shame there's not more info available. I might actually pick up one of those X100e models, will wait till they've been used by others first, though.

Thanks. :) 
Score
!