Jonathan Please Help

On my home computer and internet gateway, Windows Messenger works fine, on
my laptop (whether internet sharing through the gateway, via its own ISDN
TA, or via its internal modem) I cannot sign in, nor can I sign in to
www.passport.com. Both are XP Home SP2 with Messenger 4.7. Where do I start?

Greetings John,

On the laptop, try/check the following:
1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then click OK
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert