5.0

Whre did all the features go in messenger 5.0
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Greetings,

    If you're referring to the MSN features in Windows Messenger (like Hotmail, MSN Profiles, MSN
    Mobile, etc.) they were part of the "MSN Add-In" support which isn't present in Windows
    Messenger 5 (or in Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 that comes with SP2).

    If you want this functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger 6:
    http://messenger.msn.com/Download

    or simply downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    and use the Add-In here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Mr. Pigeon" <Mr. Pigeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Whre did all the features go in messenger 5.0

    I mean like remote assitance option directly from messenger

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > If you're referring to the MSN features in Windows Messenger (like Hotmail, MSN Profiles, MSN
    > Mobile, etc.) they were part of the "MSN Add-In" support which isn't present in Windows
    > Messenger 5 (or in Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 that comes with SP2).
    >
    > If you want this functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger 6:
    > http://messenger.msn.com/Download
    >
    > or simply downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    > and use the Add-In here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Mr. Pigeon" <Mr. Pigeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Whre did all the features go in messenger 5.0

    Hi,

    Remote Assistance is still in Windows Messenger 5.0.

    >I mean like remote assitance option directly from messenger
    >
    > "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> If you're referring to the MSN features in Windows Messenger (like Hotmail, MSN Profiles,
    >> MSN
    >> Mobile, etc.) they were part of the "MSN Add-In" support which isn't present in Windows
    >> Messenger 5 (or in Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 that comes with SP2).
    >>
    >> If you want this functionality, you'll need to use MSN Messenger 6:
    >> http://messenger.msn.com/Download
    >>
    >> or simply downgrade back to Windows Messenger 4.7:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >> and use the Add-In here:
    >> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55

    >> Jonathan Kay
    >> Associate Expert
    >>
    >> "Mr. Pigeon" <Mr. Pigeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Whre did all the features go in messenger 5.0

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP