Surround sound all of a sudden not working

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
So i bought a brand new headset, a few months ago, its been working AMAZING (Tritton AX51 PRO) and then, all of a sudden, i went to the bathroom, came back down and my sound, sounded kinda weird, and it seemed like i couldn't hear where the enemy was (CSS). So i tryed reinstalling drivers for my sound card, then that didn't work so im not sure what to do now..

I have a sound blaster card, its pretty old.. model # is CT4830, but im not sure of the name of it..

Any idea's?

Doesn't sound to me (pun semi-intended) like you need a new card yet. Locate your sound card in the device manager and see if there are any warnings about it. If not, download a fresh copy of the driver from Creative's website and remove the current driver (this time by right clicking, picking Uninstall, and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" check box. Once the driver is reinstalled from that fresh copy you downloaded earlier, check your sound again. If it's still distorted, or doesn't work at all, then I would think about investing in a new card.

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Well i have windows 7, and everytime i reinstall drivers, it says Not compatibale with this version of windows.. so next time i reply, ill have XP installed, and ill tell you if that works ;P

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Yup, installed windows xp, and drivers, the sound, sounds a little bit different in quality, but the same thing happened when i installed windows 7. thanks though ;P