Simple one window version of MS M

I run Ms messenger to keep in touch with my kids and find it is a very
busy program. The simple yahoo worked well and was very easy to set
up. MS Messenger seems to have taken over my computer with wanting to
give me news, pops up telling me different things and has a huge
window for just keeping in touch wqith two people.Is there a simple
version of this program someone could send me a link for that will
just run in the background and is easy to configure. Best regards and
thanks...

Roland wrote:
> I run Ms messenger to keep in touch with my kids and find it is a very
> busy program. The simple yahoo worked well and was very easy to set
> up. MS Messenger seems to have taken over my computer with wanting to
> give me news, pops up telling me different things and has a huge
> window for just keeping in touch wqith two people.Is there a simple
> version of this program someone could send me a link for that will
> just run in the background and is easy to configure. Best regards and
> thanks...

you may want to try alt.comp.freeware if your newserver has it or try:

http://www.im2.com (latest version just came out a cpl weeks ago)

there are others though.