windows messenger confusion with msn messenger

I have installed sidebar. When I click on messenger there I get the message
that I have logged on another computer (which I haven't), "click here to log
on again." After doing that, I get the message that I've been signed out of
net.messenger service because I signed in at another location. Crazy but
true. What to do? Or should I say help and thanks?!
--
ps
1 answer Last reply

    Greetings,

    Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are separate products, as such, if one is called to sign
    in, it will and disconnect the other one.

    There are plenty of examples of applications which support Windows Messenger but do not
    support MSN Messenger, this sounds like one of them.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "philvrads" <ps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed sidebar. When I click on messenger there I get the message
    > that I have logged on another computer (which I haven't), "click here to log
    > on again." After doing that, I get the message that I've been signed out of
    > net.messenger service because I signed in at another location. Crazy but
    > true. What to do? Or should I say help and thanks?!
    > --
    > ps

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP