problems with remote assistance (6.2)

November 11, 2004 3:41:43 PM

I'm running windows xp pro and a friend is running xp pro. We are both
using messenger 6.2.

I want to (fix) do something on her pc, but remote assistance keeps failing
after she invites me. We have both disabled our firewalls (she has a router
and bypassed it), so the router isn't a factor anymore, however, we cannot
get a successful connection. She has also disabled Norton. I've run out of
ideas.

Note that she can access (remotely) my pc, but I cannot access her's (so
it's not a problem with msn per se).

Any thoughts. I don't know what else to disable (on her pc).
Thanks a bunch.

---
November 11, 2004 6:35:52 PM

Greetings Diana,

Can you be specific about the error message you're receiving when you try?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ugEIyZCyEHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'm running windows xp pro and a friend is running xp pro. We are both
> using messenger 6.2.
>
> I want to (fix) do something on her pc, but remote assistance keeps failing
> after she invites me. We have both disabled our firewalls (she has a router
> and bypassed it), so the router isn't a factor anymore, however, we cannot
> get a successful connection. She has also disabled Norton. I've run out of
> ideas.
>
> Note that she can access (remotely) my pc, but I cannot access her's (so
> it's not a problem with msn per se).
>
> Any thoughts. I don't know what else to disable (on her pc).
> Thanks a bunch.
>

> ---

November 11, 2004 6:35:53 PM

Jonathan, it said it failed, but I'll call my friend and try to connect
again ... so that I get the exact message.
Diana

Greetings Diana,

Can you be specific about the error message you're receiving when you try?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"DianaH" <nuttin@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm running windows xp pro and a friend is running xp pro. We are both
> using messenger 6.2.
>
> I want to (fix) do something on her pc, but remote assistance keeps
> failing
> after she invites me. We have both disabled our firewalls (she has a
> router
> and bypassed it), so the router isn't a factor anymore, however, we cannot
> get a successful connection. She has also disabled Norton. I've run out
> of
> ideas.
>
> Note that she can access (remotely) my pc, but I cannot access her's (so
> it's not a problem with msn per se).
>
> Any thoughts. I don't know what else to disable (on her pc).
> Thanks a bunch.
>

> ---

---