Net Send fails to work after moving computer.

This question is about the windows messenging service (Net Send) not windows
messenger. I didn't know where else to post it.

My co-workers and I rely on Net Send to send messenges at work. After
installing XP service pack 2 it stopped working. We resolved that problem by
re-starting the messenger service on the applicable computers as described on
the windows help page. Everything worked fine for months. We just recently
re-arranged our office and now Net Send fails to work once again. Windows
fire wall is disabled, messenger service is running, and still nothing. The
only thing I can think is a change in IP addresses during the move, but since
messenger is name specific I don't see why that would be a problem. The
message I get is Net Helpmsg 2136. If anyone has any idea what I can do to
resolve this problem, the imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Larsen

There is a recovery tab when you go into messenger properties. In this
recovery tab you can specify to restart the service if it fails 1st, 2nd,
subsequent times. This route will make Win XP restart the service for you
and net send won't be an issue.

Ed M.