How to change Windows Messenger E-mail inbox back to Hotma..

Date: Thu Nov 11 11:32:48 2004

Operating System: windows XP
Connection Type: dialup/modem
Browser Type: ie 6+

My Windows messenger e-mail inbox used to connect to my Hotmail account
e-mail. Recently, somehow it got switched to my Outlook Express e-mail on my
computer - so that when I click "Go to my E-mail Inbox" it opens OE instead
of my Hotmail account. I want it to go to Hotmail as before. How do I (or
you) change it back to Hotmail? (I do NOT want my IE browser to use Hotmail
as the default e-mail program [ie. in Tools/Options/Programs menu]. I want
this to continue as OE as it has always been. But Windows Messenger always
went to Hotmail, and my IE mail button always went to my OE reader. This is
what I want these to continue to do.)
2 answers Last reply
More about change windows messenger mail inbox back hotma

    Greetings,

    The SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is now gone.

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Date: Thu Nov 11 11:32:48 2004
    >
    > Operating System: windows XP
    > Connection Type: dialup/modem
    > Browser Type: ie 6+
    >
    > My Windows messenger e-mail inbox used to connect to my Hotmail account
    > e-mail. Recently, somehow it got switched to my Outlook Express e-mail on my
    > computer - so that when I click "Go to my E-mail Inbox" it opens OE instead
    > of my Hotmail account. I want it to go to Hotmail as before. How do I (or
    > you) change it back to Hotmail? (I do NOT want my IE browser to use Hotmail
    > as the default e-mail program [ie. in Tools/Options/Programs menu]. I want
    > this to continue as OE as it has always been. But Windows Messenger always
    > went to Hotmail, and my IE mail button always went to my OE reader. This is
    > what I want these to continue to do.)

    Thank you again. I found your original post of this in response to another
    questioner after I posted this. I tried your solution, and it fixed the
    problem beautifully. Great to find such good help so quickly on a forum.

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings,
    >
    > The SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins, so this feature is now gone.
    >
    > To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    >
    > You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    > http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Date: Thu Nov 11 11:32:48 2004
    > >
    > > Operating System: windows XP
    > > Connection Type: dialup/modem
    > > Browser Type: ie 6+
    > >
    > > My Windows messenger e-mail inbox used to connect to my Hotmail account
    > > e-mail. Recently, somehow it got switched to my Outlook Express e-mail on my
    > > computer - so that when I click "Go to my E-mail Inbox" it opens OE instead
    > > of my Hotmail account. I want it to go to Hotmail as before. How do I (or
    > > you) change it back to Hotmail? (I do NOT want my IE browser to use Hotmail
    > > as the default e-mail program [ie. in Tools/Options/Programs menu]. I want
    > > this to continue as OE as it has always been. But Windows Messenger always
    > > went to Hotmail, and my IE mail button always went to my OE reader. This is
    > > what I want these to continue to do.)

Hotmail Messenger Email Windows XP