clicking

I used to be able to click on the line on the client that
says, for example, "3 New Email Messages," or on those
little popup things that come up on the bottom saying the
same thing, and it would open my browser to Hotmail. But
now it does not do that. It's not a life or death
situation, but it is slightly annoying. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about clicking

    Greetings Heather,

    Actually, the SP2 version of Windows Messenger doesn't support Add-Ins and causes this
    behavior, so I just assume you've simply updated to SP2 recently?

    To quickly fix this, simply downgrade back to the previous version from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4

    You'll also need the MSN Add-In:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=738f90c1-755e-433a-bcd3-0f9d0a705f55
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Heather" <yamara34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I used to be able to click on the line on the client that
    > says, for example, "3 New Email Messages," or on those
    > little popup things that come up on the bottom saying the
    > same thing, and it would open my browser to Hotmail. But
    > now it does not do that. It's not a life or death
    > situation, but it is slightly annoying. Any ideas?

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP