Deleted Icon? I can't find messenger on my computer.

November 16, 2004 1:30:29 PM

For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 8:02:50 PM

Greetings Tara,

Just simply reinstall it from here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b4...
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Tara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
> deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
> b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
> program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
> need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 9:36:01 PM

Navigate to:

"C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"

Then when you see the messenger icon - click on create shortcut or send to
desktop (create shortcut)

--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)

"Tara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
> deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
> b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
> program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
> need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.
August 19, 2009 7:28:19 AM

THE SME THING HAPPEND TO ME I WANT MY NMESSENGR BACK I ACCIDENTALLY DELTED IT AND NOW I CANT FIND IT AND WHE I GO TO INSTAL IT IT SAYS I ALREADY HAVE$ IT AND I HVANT BEEN ON MSN IN LIKE A WEEEK I NEEEEEEEEEEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!
August 19, 2009 9:44:43 AM

Quote:
THE SME THING HAPPEND TO ME I WANT MY NMESSENGR BACK I ACCIDENTALLY DELTED IT AND NOW I CANT FIND IT AND WHE I GO TO INSTAL IT IT SAYS I ALREADY HAVE$ IT AND I HVANT BEEN ON MSN IN LIKE A WEEEK I NEEEEEEEEEEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!

Ok. Calm down. Did you check your add remove programs list???
I am trying to get the registry locus of messenger. I'll try to get back soon.
Anonymous
January 11, 2010 6:53:12 PM

it happened to me i downloaded windows live and sum1 in my family deleted it so i went to download it again and it says i still have it on my computer but i looked everywhere for it and i cant find it plz can sum1 help me :(  asap
Anonymous
January 11, 2010 7:25:32 PM

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
February 2, 2010 8:24:54 AM

hey i am havin the same prob :( ...
well for some reason my messenger got deleted.. from my program files too...
so i thought to delete it from the Add/Remove programs. i downloaded the Windows Live Messenger and tryd to install it.. but it says i alredy have the messenger in my pc :S... but appently i **** find it!.. :'( ...
plz HELP :(
February 2, 2010 8:36:34 AM

whould someone please help me out!
February 2, 2010 8:37:00 AM

hey i am havin the same prob :( ...
well for some reason my messenger got deleted.. from my program files too...
so i thought to delete it from the Add/Remove programs. i downloaded the Windows Live Messenger and tryd to install it.. but it says i alredy have the messenger in my pc :S... but appently i **** find it!.. :'( ...
plz HELP :(
February 2, 2010 8:42:29 AM

three posts inside 15 minutes??? wait for someone to have a look at the post.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue??

Have you tried doing a system restore to before it disappeared?
February 2, 2010 9:15:45 AM

Go to:

"C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"

You can see the messenger icon.Right click on it---> Send to-->Desktop (create shortcut).

It's done. Now you got MSN Messenger Shortcut on Desktop :)

Enjoy :)
!