Deleted Icon? I can't find messenger on my computer.

For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.
11 answers Last reply
More about deleted icon find messenger computer

    Greetings Tara,

    Just simply reinstall it from here:
    http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Tara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
    > deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
    > b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
    > program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
    > need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.

    Navigate to:

    "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"

    Then when you see the messenger icon - click on create shortcut or send to
    desktop (create shortcut)

    --
    HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

    jel183(UK)

    "Tara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For some odd reason my only link to messenger was
    > deleted. I know i still have the program on my computer
    > b/c it's running. But when i go to search for the
    > program, it's no where to be found. Can anyone help me? I
    > need an icon so that i can access the messenger later on.
  3. THE SME THING HAPPEND TO ME I WANT MY NMESSENGR BACK I ACCIDENTALLY DELTED IT AND NOW I CANT FIND IT AND WHE I GO TO INSTAL IT IT SAYS I ALREADY HAVE$ IT AND I HVANT BEEN ON MSN IN LIKE A WEEEK I NEEEEEEEEEEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!
  4. Quote:
    THE SME THING HAPPEND TO ME I WANT MY NMESSENGR BACK I ACCIDENTALLY DELTED IT AND NOW I CANT FIND IT AND WHE I GO TO INSTAL IT IT SAYS I ALREADY HAVE$ IT AND I HVANT BEEN ON MSN IN LIKE A WEEEK I NEEEEEEEEEEED HELP ASAP !!!!!!!

    Ok. Calm down. Did you check your add remove programs list???
    I am trying to get the registry locus of messenger. I'll try to get back soon.
  5. it happened to me i downloaded windows live and sum1 in my family deleted it so i went to download it again and it says i still have it on my computer but i looked everywhere for it and i cant find it plz can sum1 help me :( asap
  6. C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
  7. hey i am havin the same prob :(...
    well for some reason my messenger got deleted.. from my program files too...
    so i thought to delete it from the Add/Remove programs. i downloaded the Windows Live Messenger and tryd to install it.. but it says i alredy have the messenger in my pc :S... but appently i **** find it!.. :'(...
    plz HELP :(
  8. whould someone please help me out!
  9. hey i am havin the same prob :(...
    well for some reason my messenger got deleted.. from my program files too...
    so i thought to delete it from the Add/Remove programs. i downloaded the Windows Live Messenger and tryd to install it.. but it says i alredy have the messenger in my pc :S... but appently i **** find it!.. :'(...
    plz HELP :(
  10. three posts inside 15 minutes??? wait for someone to have a look at the post.

    What steps have you taken to resolve the issue??

    Have you tried doing a system restore to before it disappeared?
  11. Go to:

    "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"

    You can see the messenger icon.Right click on it---> Send to-->Desktop (create shortcut).

    It's done. Now you got MSN Messenger Shortcut on Desktop :)

    Enjoy :)

Computers Messenger Microsoft Windows XP