Rocks 'n' Diamonds

JB

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I ran into this game on the Mandrake 10.1 DVD. It's a clone of a
classic Amiga puzzle game. It runs on practically any desktop OS and is
just plain great!

http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

In article <nqLOe.234$5k1.187@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, jb@not-
aol.com says...
> I ran into this game on the Mandrake 10.1 DVD. It's a clone of a
> classic Amiga puzzle game. It runs on practically any desktop OS and is
> just plain great!
>
> http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/

I remember buying the original version 'Emerald Mines' by Kingsoft on
the Amiga, and it's a classic game. The game kinda got turned 'Public
Domain' by the number of unofficial versions released with different
level sets. There were 1,000s of levels released on the Amiga, and loads
more when ported to the PC. 'Rocks 'n' Diamonds' is one of the best
versions of this game ever produced.

It was a clone of an earlier game 'Boulderdash' from the Spectrum and
C64, and similar game 'Repton' on the BBC Micro. Boulderdash is still
going, you can get a shareware version from www.reflexive.net, the
graphics are nicer, but IMO 'Rocks 'n' Diamonds' is best...

Enough history, I'm a big fan of the game too, I'd recommend anyone who
hasn't heard of it to download it. (Make sure you've paid your bills,
emptied your bin bags, and bought some food before you run it, you may
be busy for a while....)

Mikey