Why would they design the Dragon+ that Way!

G

Maybe someone can clue me in as to why someone would design something like this. The soyo C-Media sound chip and the AGP slot on my much hyped Dragon+ share the same IRQ! Soyo informed me that the BIOS automatically assigns the IRQ and that there is no work around.

Some programs run fine, but others, like MS flight simulators, have video problems and make sounds that frighten my dogs ! Has anyone had a simiiar experience? I have been to the MS website and done everything that they suggested to get the sound to work, (except move the IRQ!)and I even called SOYO to get the "your out of luck" speech. They are aware that the problem exists and that I am not the only one dealing with this. The tech even suggested that I get a PCI sound card and "try it out". I suggested that I rip out the MOBO, find something else without integrated audio and never buy a SOYO product again.

Sorry to vent, but I am in my umpteenth hour trying to get the sound to work right. Has anyone had a similar experience and if you have figured out the magic needed to move IRQs please let me know. Thanks in advance!

QuantumPhysics

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
Most current motherboards do that.
For example:
Geforce3 Ti500
USB Controllers(2)
NIC
SB Audigy Platinum
IEEE1394 Controller(On SB Audigy)
Modem
and my raid controller (4 HDD's, ATA 133)

all on 1 IRQ (11) on win2k
No problems at all
Sytem is a

Athlon XP 1900+ Unlocked and o/c to 2000+, KR7A - RAID (KT266A), 2048 DDR 266 Mhz pc 2100 Registered ECC, Leadtek Winfast GeForce 3 (Ti500 Series), SB Audigy Platinum eX, USR Performance Pro 56k, 4 Maxtor 40gig 7200 RPM's ATA 133 on a RAID-0