soyo dragon+winxp,raido instal problems

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
when trying to install winxp pro on raid array with a soyo dragon plus mb, amdxp1900+, i get following error "File\winxp\Fastrak.sys caused am unexpected error (18) at line 2108 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c." have ME up and running just fine. can not get xp to install. any sugjestions? thanks

QuantumPhysics

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
In XP Setup put in your Raid Drivers disk and hit f6 when it says at bottom "Please press f6 now if you need to install a 3rd party SCSI or RAID device". Pretty self explanitory after that part. if ya dont ur just gonna get a memory fault. if all else fails try 2k pro or 98SE. ME is just unstable.

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
jee, no kidding, actullay that is exactly what I've done, after pressing f6, then s, when asked, I then stick floppy in and select the winxp drives. yes i have tried the 2000 and the nt, get same error except it says 2000client or ntclient, respectivly. it is after it LOADS the drivers that i get the error message. but thanks anyways. anyone else have an idea?

G

I had the same problem with the soyo dragon plus/athlon1800+/winxp pro & raid 0.
Got the same error message and simply tried it again (after the error message, i came back to the screen where you have to press s key) and it worked without any errors & the array works fine.

EL

dicester

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2002
tried different floppy, different drivers from both soyo and promise, always get the same error, even if i try installing win2k, same thing.