Problems with Actiontec Wireless Ready DSL

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2004 7:54:03 AM

I've been using the Actiontec wireless/router gateway ( R1524SU-1)
directly connected to my PC without any issues. I decided to buy a D
Link wireless PCMIA card and connected to the gateway using this
rather than the ethernet connection. I've found that the internet can
be accessed for while but then drops (probably > 6 hours). I cannot
connect to the Actiontec via the wireless connecton but my wireless
interface is showing as UP. I also cannot connect to to the internet
no matter what config changes I make. I find that I have to connect
the gateway back up using the ethernet cable to establish internet
connectivity. once I've done that, it can be disconnected again and
then uses the wireless connection until the problem repeats itself!
Anyone any ideas on what could be the problem?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 4, 2004 12:28:07 PM

On 4 Jul 2004 03:54:03 -0700, off_on_1@hotmail.com (Giff) wrote:

>I've been using the Actiontec wireless/router gateway ( R1524SU-1)
>directly connected to my PC without any issues. I decided to buy a D
>Link wireless PCMIA card

Model number of DLink wireless card? Perhaps the driver version
number?

>I've found that the internet can
>be accessed for while but then drops (probably > 6 hours).

That's possibly the power save feature gone awry. I couldn't find
much on the topic on DLink's web pile, but here's the Intel version of
the problem:

http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-00...
Basically, turn off the power save feature buried in either the
advanced opions for the wireless card or as the "power mode" setting
in the Dlink AirPlus Xtreme G wireless utility. Note that this is
different from the power save features in the laptop bios and those
added by Windoze.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558
!