Canon CD-LabelPrint does not work with new Dell XPS8100 i7 860

G

Hello,

I was able to easily use the CD-LabelPrint function on my Canon IP4000. Since buying a new Dell XPS 8100 with i7 860 CPU and Window 7 and even after downloading latest CD-LabelPrint form Canon website, an error message" A compatible printer for printing media not found" appear even though I can still print normal A$ on the Canon IP4000 printer. Any assitance and advice is much apprecited.

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Was the new drivers compatible with win 7?
I know my epson cx1500 was not and so it's gone....
MS said that the win7 would be backwards compatible with other software...but I haven't seen it yet...as I've tried every posible compatability mode there is with my Epson...no workie!!!

Which print driver did you install. On the Cannon web site, I put in win 7 driver for ip4000, but got a blank page. If there is non, the vista ones normally will work. Is this for 32 bit or 64 bit?

Cannon is NOT the best at updating their drivers - They are tring to Capitalize on win 7 and FORCE updating equipment. More provide, just scre&*^%** the customer. I had a perfectly good cannon Lite35 scanner, which cannon would not update their driver, a work-around was to use the driver for the lide60 - Which would work so the lide35 driver could have been published with LITTLE effort.