WEbcam no connect.pleasehelp

Ohkay I have msn 6.2 but my webcam wont connect. It works fine in its own
program but not on msn. I think it has something to do with my NATS?
does anybody know how I can change these setting or fix this or have any ideas
please help
thanks
angee

sid

Have experienced a simular problem but with windows
messenger, have just upgraded to the latest version and
that solved it ok. If there is a more recent version than
6.2 suggest you upgrade as that will have the protocols
in it.

Greetings Angee,

Actually a NAT shouldn't affect the webcam functionality within MSN Messenger 6.x, because
the webcam can make use of a relay server which will relay your webcam. If you go to the
Tools menu, then Web Camera Settings, does your camera properly appear and work there?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"angela" <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ohkay I have msn 6.2 but my webcam wont connect. It works fine in its own
> program but not on msn. I think it has something to do with my NATS?
> does anybody know how I can change these setting or fix this or have any ideas
> please help
> thanks
> angee

If this is going through a rounter you will need to enable
UPNP on both the router and windows.
Good luck!

Jonathan Kay.

>"angela" <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Ohkay I have msn 6.2 but my webcam wont connect. It
works fine in its own
>> program but not on msn. I think it has something to do
with my NATS?
>> does anybody know how I can change these setting or fix
this or have any ideas
>> please help
>> thanks
>> angee
>

>.

Raybo

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004

have you gone through the audio/video tuning wizard?

"angela" <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ohkay I have msn 6.2 but my webcam wont connect. It works fine in its own
> program but not on msn. I think it has something to do with my NATS?
> does anybody know how I can change these setting or fix this or have any
> ideas
> please help
> thanks
> angee

Hi,

Actually, as I described, UPnP is not required for the Webcam as it can make use of a relay
server.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

> If this is going through a rounter you will need to enable
> UPNP on both the router and windows.
> Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS