Automatic sign in fails every time I log on to windows

I run MSN Messenger 6.2
Everything I use runs fine except for one thing. I'd like to sign in
automaticaly but it fails always. After loging on to windows, the icon
flashes during a few seconds showing that the messenger detects internet
connection. I suppose that the program tries to sign in at that moment as
it should. (the options are correctly choosen). So far very normal, but
after a few seconds, the messenger seems to give up and remains signed out
as if the internet connection disappeared. Signing in manually succeeds
afterwards, but not within about 30 seconds. Result is that I always have
to sign in manually after being logged on to windows for a minute or so.
I run WindowsXP Pro and MSN Messenger 6.2.
I have a LAN-connection towards the internet (a DSL modem-router which is
constantly logged on to the internet) : thus connection with the internet is
present before starting up the computer and stays connected during the log
on procedure.
I suspect Norton IS 2005 : it starts up when the messenger is signing in.
Might it be possible that NAV interrupts the actions the messenger is taking
when trying to sign in.

Anyone an idea for a solution ??

Greetings Bart,

You nailed it -- Norton won't allow applications to access the Internet until itself is fully
loaded and active. Unfortunately due to how Windows startup works, it is rather difficult to
have one application load after another (there are some tricks, but they won't work due to
how Norton starts). As such, there isn't much you can do here.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert