Best motherboard for my needs..?

G

Hey guys.. I've been surfing around, trying to find the best mobo for me to upgrade to. So far, I've narrowed it down to 3:

1. Epox 8KHA+
2. Soltek SL-75DRV2
3. Iwill XP333

That's as far as I can get myself, so now I ask for some advice.. I need a mobo great for overclocking, w/ as close to rock-solid stability i can get... All-round great performance- Little to no compatibility problems, and compatibility with future technology would be nice too. I'd mainly be using it for intense 3d gaming and surfing the net (multitasking mind you..). I plan on using an Athlon XP and some DDR RAM, w/ a Geforce3 Ti200 card of some sort, running Windows XP. I also plan on custom modding my case to fit a nice shitload of fans. I'd need one that has enough room around the processor to put some supercooling on that bastard (peltier + water block).

If anyone can help, please give it! :) thanks -pyro

If your an experienced overclocker and don't mind dip switches, I would go with the soltek ($99 newegg w/free shipping last time I checked). One gentlemen in another forum claimed to have gotten his duron up to 140 fsb with the soltek. Otherwise, the Epox 8KHA+ will work fine. Apparantly, a newer version of the Epox, the 8KHA2+ is coming out soon. Don't know anything about it. Shuttle also has a new board, the ak35gtr, available Jan 20th at newegg for $129. It has raid, 5.1 6 channel sound, and ata 133 support. Newegg has an antec 1030 sx black server case for $88 you might be interested in.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
The IWill XP333. It's a clear choice. The XP333 will be the most stable and include a wealth of overclocking options. It doesn't have a VIA chipset, so you are free of worries there. It includes ATA133 already and RAID if you purchase the RAID version. It's also compatible with DDR333 and 400 so you ARE READY for the Future or overclocking.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
IWILL XP-333! Talk about bang for the buck!

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.