problem with MSN Messenger 6.2 and ICS

Hi everyone,
I use my laptop (PC A) connecting to the Internet via an USB-ADSL Shared
Internet Connection on a desktop PC (PC B). The two PCs are connected with a
10Base-T Hub.

PC A: WinXP Home SP1, IP 192.168.0.2, No firewall
PC B: WinXP Pro SP1, IP 192.168.0.1, No firewall

My problem is that with Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 I can use video/audio
connections but unable to send/receive files. If I try to use MSN Messenger
6.2 I can send/receive files, but no audio connections (actually, I can
listen but unable to send audio signal) or I can send video signal, but
unable to receive audio.

Both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger work properly only if I connect to
PC B.

Does anyone know how to fix my problems?
Thanx in advance.

Cloningman

xxxgifalone@tiscali.it (remove xxx)
3 answers Last reply
More about problem messenger

    Why don't you upgrade so that both the laptop and the PC run the same
    version of MSN messenger. Windows messenger has less functions than MSN
    messenger and is probably one reason why you don't have functionality
    between the send & receive between the both.

    "Philippe L. Balmanno" <plb2862@cox.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Why don't you upgrade so that both the laptop and the PC run the same
    > version of MSN messenger. Windows messenger has less functions than MSN
    > messenger and is probably one reason why you don't have functionality
    > between the send & receive between the both.

    Maybe I have been unclear. I do apologize.
    I have the same version of messenger on both PC. When I use Windows
    Messenger on PC A, I can chat and audio/video send/receive, but I'm not able
    to send files. When I use MSN Messenger on PC A, I can chat and send/receive
    files but I'm unable to send my audio, although I can send video.
    Please, help me if You have some advices.

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Stefano

    gifalone@tiscali.it

    "cloningman" <xxxgifalone@tiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Maybe I have been unclear. I do apologize.
    > I have the same version of messenger on both PC. When I use Windows
    > Messenger on PC A, I can chat and audio/video send/receive, but I'm not
    able
    > to send files. When I use MSN Messenger on PC A, I can chat and
    send/receive
    > files but I'm unable to send my audio, although I can send video.
    > Please, help me if You have some advices.

    I've just installed MSN Messenger 7 Beta. I've solved my problem.
    What was the matter with my MSN Messenger 6.2? Does anyone know?

    --
    Cloningman

    xxxgifalone@tiscali.it (remove xxx)

Messenger Windows XP